PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 10.5.2 on a Acer Aspire 5040

wolvie_rs
05-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello people. I'm here to explain my problem: try to install the Leo 10.5.2 on a Acer Aspire 5040(Turion 2.0Ghz, 1Gb Ram, ATI Xpress X200m, 80gb HDD Pata). Created the partition (30gb), formated like MAC journaled. Created another 30gb partition to MS-Dos. First, install Windows XP on the partition. After, i put my iso image and boot with Darwin. All ok. Select the packages, with Roh Kernel SS3 (in CPU-Z, my processor specs appears SS3). Everything ok. But here go: 16 hours to install the Leopard..... well, after the 16 hours (is this normal?) the instalation hangs up remaining 12 minutes. Shutdown the PC, bott again without DVD. Windows XP boot ok, after the Darwin bootloader. Try to boot the Leopard. Appears the Apple logo with a sign in the center. Try again to boot with the "-v" option. After some lines, appears the message: "Sitll waiting for root device". What i should do? Try to install again? 16 hours again? There is a way to make the install time more faster? Works on a Acer Aspire 5040? Slow processor?
Well, sorry about my english, not to good!
And thanks for all friends!!!!

naquaada
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I presume the Apple logo with the sign is grey and in four languages: That was a kernel panic. If you boot with the option '-v' (verbose mode) you'll get text output that maybe help you with the problems. But I can tell you that the X200M chipset isn't fully supported.

wolvie_rs
05-06-2008, 09:21 PM
no... just a white Apple logo with a Phoibited Sign in center... i try to boot with -v, after the 16 hours, and the message Still waiting for root device appears... you think it's because the X200M chipset the big install time (16 hours)? Maybe with the Leo4allV3... or you know another release then i can try to install? Thanks for the fast reply...

naquaada
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Try Leo4all. A friend has Myzar 10.4.7 on his X200M laptop, it works, but slow HD and no QE/CI...

wolvie_rs
05-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh, my friend Naquaada... you know... i'm trying to take this answer in more then 10 forums, and, you are the only who help me with any answer... thanks my man... you are my hero... ok, i will try with Leo4all... i think maybe can work. Tonight, i think the download was complete. I post something here!!! Bye my friend!!!

naquaada
05-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Sure, I always help if I can ;)

wolvie_rs
05-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Well naquaada... i think there is no way to make work on a Acer. I downloaded the Leo4allv3, burn the ISO and try to install... same thing... well, here, i have a notebook equiped with a Celeron (poor processor, something like 1.2 Ghz) and try to boot and install... perfect... all goes OK. But, in my Acer, nothing happens... the install time on Leo4all now is something around 15 hours. I think there is something in the BIOS or ACPI, or processor speed, or something like this... Jesus, i can't believe in this... a fu... Celeron have install time in 2:40 hours, and my Turion 2.0Ghz in 15 hours...
When i try to install, i use the "-v" option... there is another option i can make a try? You know another "flag" to try to start the install... something to speed up the install process...

Well, thanks for now, my friend!!! Cheers!!!

naquaada
05-07-2008, 07:00 PM
2:40 for the install? Normally an instaallation needs less than 30 minutes...

wolvie_rs
05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I know... but in this old Celeron, appears 2 hours... but, 2 hours for me, it's ok... now, in my Aspire, the time goes to 15 hours.... Windows XP, for example, installs in just 21 minutes, in this same Aspire... :-( Well, do you know if your friend has used some different flag to install? Some boot option? Thanks, my friend, and sorry to bother you with this..

naquaada
05-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't know how long it took for his install. But he uses Tiger, not Leopard.

Puttabong
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Heh sorry, slightly offtopic.

I own an old Dell Latitude X300 (http://www.dell.com/html/us/products/latitude/x300.html) Portable Notebook which runs very fine with the 10.4.8 Tiger Disk by JaS. The installation takes about 25 minutes.

It uses an Intel Pentium M 738 Processor (1.40 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 400MHz FSB) on a Intel 855GM Chipset, 1 GB DDR SDRAM at 226 MHz (PC2100). The Display is a 12.1" XGA TFT LCD with a resolution of 1024 x 768 x 16.7 million colors. The Video Card is an Integrated Intel 855GM graphics chipset.

After some small patching everything is working fine & it runs very solid. The hardware is almost only by Intel, hence very compatible with Mac OS X.

Leopard doesn't seem to be possible, and I like Tiger on that Laptop. :-)

wolvie_rs
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Cool....i will tray to install Tiger so... for me, there is no problem to use Tiger... i will tray with Tiger.
Naquaada and Puttabong, thanks again for your help! Big friends!!! If you need any help in something around W2k3, Citrix or W2k0, please, e-mail me... i will download the Tiger and put here my impressions... if work or not.

Thanks again!

naquaada
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
If you somewhere find the myzar 10.4.6 image and his 10.4.7 update. This image is great and it doesn't have the Disk Utility bug that all later Tiger versions have. My friend is using this image too.

wolvie_rs
05-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Hello my friend! Well, i find only this image (Uphuck 10.4.9 Universal x86 Install Dvd v1.3 (Intel/AMD) You think this image will install ok? What is the bug that you mencioned before? Do you have idea where to find the Myzar? And the update? I look in all the "bays" and can't find anything... if you can send me some info about this release... i thank you!!!