PDA

View Full Version : Account Creation Hangup

LonelyTV
01-30-2008, 01:12 AM
I've recently installed Zephyroth's 10.5.1 DVD to my machine and everything went well until I got to the install wizard. It likes to hang at the "Account Creation" screen. Now, I've read through the forums and the Wiki both trying all that has been suggested and nothing works. However, it still creates the accounts. Looking at the Users directory I see all of the accounts I've attempted to create. Whats Odd is that when I use the "Graphics Mode" boot flag the boot process is in 640x480 but the wizard still comes up and the res changes.

My specs are an AMD processor 3800+ and a NForce 4 board.

I suppose I can attempt downloading 10.4.8 and installing it and migrating everything over. Any Ideas for me before I do that?!

Thanks!

DoiX
01-30-2008, 01:15 AM
... http://osx86.wikidot.com known issues section :) before posting on this forum please check the wiki and other topics to be sure you're not posting the same problem over and over again :)

kourosh
01-30-2008, 01:38 AM
exactly

it can be quite annoying to repeat over and over again ;)

LonelyTV
01-30-2008, 01:39 AM
I've done all that the wiki has suggested (aside from importing from Tiger). No luck with any of it.

Is there anyway to FORCE the 640x480 to skip the wizard? It seems even if I use the bootflag the computer still changes res when starting the Wizard.

naquaada
01-30-2008, 01:46 AM
Are you using an CRT or an TFT monitor? I you're using a TFT it will always try to switch in the TFT's native resolution.

cgsheen
01-30-2008, 02:09 AM
LonelyTV:
My specs are an AMD processor 3800+ and a NForce 4 board.

I suppose I can attempt downloading 10.4.8 and installing it and migrating everything over. Any Ideas for me before I do that?!
You've already disabled ALL your onboard LAN adapters (network controllers) in the BIOS. You've removed your PCI network cards? You've disabled Firewire ( IEEE1394 ) in the BIOS? You tell the installer you DON'T have a connection to the Internet? You've tried erasing and re-installing after "account creation" has failed once? You've installed a "known good" PCI ethernet card like a Realtek RTL8139 or RTL8169 based LAN Adapter? You've supplied us with all the specs on your motherboard including the exact chips used for your various hardware?

That's most of the other ideas I can come up with... (BTW, I didn't ever install 10.4.8 to get past the account creation hang - maybe I should have, sometimes I spent WAY too much time on it...)

LonelyTV
01-30-2008, 02:35 AM
naquaada:Are you using an CRT or an TFT monitor? I you're using a TFT it will always try to switch in the TFT's native resolution.

It's a CRT.

LonelyTV
01-30-2008, 04:59 AM
It appears to have fixed itself. After multiple reinstallations it no longer hangs at the account creation screen.

However, now it boots to Os X but when after a little bit (as in several minutes) it locks up and everything freezes.

As for my specs, I'm running a AMDx2 3800+ on a ECS NFORCE4M-A (v3.0) (nForce4-4X (nForce4)). My Video card is a Nvidia 6600GT PCE, and I'm using onboard LAN. As I said everything works fine except for the locking up and several fixable things (CI and the "About this Mac" text).