PDA

View Full Version : Cant see my HDD...

Taisto
01-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Well, im trying to install Leo on my BenQ P52 Laptop but the installer can`t see my HDD..there`s only CD Drive in the DiskUtilities. I cant affo external drive right now so....if there`s anything i can do ? Or will the next relase help in that point ?

The Chipset : ATI Xpress 1150 (ATI RX485)
HDD : Hitachi 100Gb 5400rpm SATA

If there`s more details needed, let me know.
Thank in advance.

cgsheen
01-30-2008, 10:48 PM
You've probably got an SB600 Southbridge. You'll need "SB600_SATA_ATA.zip"... Without an external drive you probably only have 2 options: Inject SB600_SATA_ATA into the .iso and build a new install DVD or wait for Zephy's version 2...

Taisto
01-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Oh..ok i`ll try injecting into the iso but i dont really know how to do it....and google doesnt really care to help me with those hundreds of sites...maybe you can explain it a little to me ? or give link where i can find clear instuction?

Puttabong
01-30-2008, 11:29 PM
How to: Inject Kexts into Leopard DVD

## AppleNForceATA.kexts are used in this example, but you are able to put basically whatever kexts you want

1. hdiutil attach /"Your ISO File" -readwrite
2. rm -rf /"Your ISO File"/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleNForceATA.kext
3. cp -rp /path/to/new/AppleNForceATA.kext /"Your ISO File"/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns
4. chown -R root:wheel /"Your ISO File"/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleNForceATA.kext
5. chmod -R 755 /"Your ISO File"/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleNForceATA.kext

Eject, then boot

DoiX
01-30-2008, 11:29 PM
http://osx86.wikidot.com/how-to-s#toc3 here you go, before posting question check the wiki :D

Puttabong
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Taisto, you are probably on Windows right now, are you?
If you don't have any Mac to do it, then you need a Windows Method.

I think roisoft knows more, at least I know there's an application called TransMac for Win.

roisoft
01-30-2008, 11:40 PM
If you are on Windows, download transmac and open the iso with it, go to /system/library/extensions and drag & drop your Kext, close and reburn...boot with -f -v, if you have a success install, copy the kext again ( leo HD /system/library/extensions ) boot with -s and type :

mount -uw /

cd /system/library/extensions

chmod -R 755 "yourkext.kext"
chown -R root:wheel "yourkext.kext"
reboot

boot with -f

DoiX
01-30-2008, 11:42 PM
if i remember transmac (unlicensed) is not good and has a file size limit, MacDisk or MacImage is better even without a license http://www.macdisk.com/mden.php3

Taisto
01-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Yepp, im currently on Windows ( Vista x64 ), i`ll try this method and post the results. Thanks for advices guys :)

Oh and BTW - anybody knows when Zeph Rev2 can be out ? month, two ?

classic
01-31-2008, 01:04 AM
i also have a sb600 southbridge... i was unlucky with native ide... hdd wasnt recognized... but with ahci setting i could erase with zeros... format... mount the disc... but in the beginning of the installation whilte its says time remaining : calculating it just stops working... i dont think its the sb600 bridge... since i could access the hdd from the disk utility... can it be simple the cd wasnt burnt right?

Taisto
01-31-2008, 01:25 AM
Hmm, Houston we`ve got a problem..."go to /system/library/extensions"
What`s wrong ? the app read the iso\cd wrong ? Maybe it`s Vista`s fault ? Cant see those folders...
What do you think guys ?

roisoft
01-31-2008, 01:41 AM
Show "hidden files" in transmac

Taisto
01-31-2008, 05:57 AM
Oh....that will be it for me right now. I cant modify the .iso. Made it from my dvd but it says that "cant access the end of the label. Mounting in read-only" i guess my dvd is kina corrupted cause i`ve made an Intel version iso and it works fine. I have to download it again :/

classic
02-01-2008, 03:53 AM
so i should inject the sb600 kext... or just wait for the new version :)

Taisto
02-01-2008, 05:48 AM
I`m almost done with it, i`ll post the results of it tomorrow ( i mean trying the injection method ) classic :) Hope it`ll work...

cgsheen
02-01-2008, 07:29 AM
classic:so i should inject the sb600 kext... or just wait for the new version :)Or use an external drive...

Taisto
02-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Ok, it worked - i can see my HDD now, but we have another problem...Installer goes further, shows "Calculating" and freezes...

Tried -x and it works now...installing ( 1 hour left ) :)

Taisto
02-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Roisoft ( or anybody :) ), can you help me again ? :) I`ve finished installation, copied the kext into Leo HD, trying to boot with -s but cant. It shows up "Error : FireWire cant determine security.blablabla.switching to full-secure" and it stops right there...Any clue what to do now ?

roisoft
02-02-2008, 04:01 AM
disable firewire at bios

Taisto
02-02-2008, 04:25 AM
No option like that, i can only disable usb...my BIOS is really cheap at functions.

gng
02-02-2008, 06:40 AM
I've got almost the same laptop. I think it's SB450 bridge. I've inject IOATAfamily.kext into DVD but now its says Still waiting for root device. I've installed it on external hdd, so whats the best way to copy it into my HDD?

Back to your problem

I've got the same. It's not exacly problem with Firewire but with graphics, just try to

boot with -s

mount -uw /

cd /system/library/extensions

and remove GeForce.kext with rm -r

rm -r GeForce.kext
rm -r Ge*
rm -r NV*

Hope it helps.

Taisto
02-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Well, i cant boot with -s - it stops. I`ve managed to boot it in safe mode - got another problem :) Geez, will i ever use it ? ;) It does not seem to see my laptop`s keyboard...omg :) Plugged in external keyboard - works fine, but it`s not way to go i guess :) Someone knows anything about that ?

cgsheen
02-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Taisto:Well, i cant boot with -s - it stops.
?? Of course it stops! That's "single user" mode. It's supposed to stop at a command prompt. Then you can enter Terminal commands.

Taisto:It does not seem to see my laptop`s keyboard...??? A laptop keyboard is generally ALWAYS PS2 (not USB...) - there's no support for PS2 keyboards! You always have to add-in support for PS2 keyboards. Haven't you read the Wiki or the thread at InsanelyMac (or here...)...

Taisto
02-02-2008, 07:32 AM
I know it`s terminal mode ;) but it freezes with the command line, shows FireWire Error and stops - i`ve used terminal from installer :) - about keyboard i read it now, trying to do something about it atm :)

gng
02-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Just simply copy ApplePS2Controller.kext form install DVD and do all stuff with permissions (chmod, chown)

Taisto
02-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Worked :) everything runs nice - even the Wifi :) Thx guys - now i have to make my X1600 running, but...it can wait :)

Oh and BTW. Can you explain me what boot option " -f " does ? I`ve searched wiki but havent found it - im just curious.

damnesiac
02-02-2008, 02:22 PM
-f reloads all the kexts and rebuilds the kextcache. Youll notice it takes a little longer to boot while it does this and if you use -=v verbose mode you will see all the kexts fly by on the screen.

Taisto
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Problem solved - can be deleted.

classic
05-08-2008, 06:24 AM
used external drive now successfully booting on sata ahci mode... but no ATA devices no audio graphics only 1024x768 no pci cards i guess i need to get some other kext files right? got the newest natit for the hd2600 card... whats the best sb600 kext i guess this would solve the problem with no ata devices