PDA

View Full Version : Beginners: Ask here first

Pages : [1] 2

naquaada
02-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Beginner Discussions

This is especially for all the OSx86 beginners.

If you have a problem, please search the forum first. If you don't find anything related to your question, ask here.
If a thread about the problem is already existing, it can certainly help you to solve your problem.

Only if your question has not been mentioned in the past, then feel free to start a new discussion.

Welcome to our forums!

FUJICCO
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
1 month ago ,I succeed to install leo in the 3rd partition(30GB) on 1 disk(HITACHI250GB,the first partition VISTA installed).Dual boot,ok. But I erased it, And I tried to install in 1 partition on WD 500GB HDD(MBR) ,but I could not boot LEO.WHY???strange!!!LEO occured some problems on Zeph Wiki.For example,Kernel Panic Issue,Leopard Bootup freeze, Install Error loop at account creation,and so on,Maybe...Please tell me any solutions of them,Thank u. My pc spec ; MB:GIGABYTE GA-K8N pro SLI(nFORCE4SLI);GB:RADEONX800GTO;Memory DDR400 2GB;iternalHDD HITACHI 250GB,externalHDD WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB;LAN on MB(realtek);2ndLAN:intel pro/1000GT;Drive:MULTI DRIVE 2(SATA1&PATA1);CPU Athlon X2 3800+(socket939) ANYONE help me....

megaargon1
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
TIp of the Day (Feb. 05, 2008): If you need to networking an existing Microsoft Windows Computer to a Mac, download the Bonjour Networking Utility Tool to get everything configured automatically (instantly).

Cromwell
02-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Zeph's rev.2 release becomes a myth like iATKOS 1.0u =)
PM me pls a link to beta version

DoiX
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
cromwell are you a beta tester or what? if not stop asking for rev2, it will be released after apple's 10.5.2 update, so stop posting the same question that was asked over 50 times

FUJICCO
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
By using single user mode I typed "/sbin/mount -uw /"&"passwd root"
&"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDONE"&"reboot" and then
I used "cpus=1 -f -x" (safemode) it worked and I could make my account & passwd.
But I was able to make Leo boot by no option........
It show "Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2~1/Build/obj/RELEASE_I386"
Anyone tell me the solution of boot issue.plz ;P

FUJICCO
02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
although I solved upper boot issue by removing the GeForce kexts at boot,I could not make Leo load any kexts on boot.....
How shall I make Rev1 load any necessary kexts??????? Thanks!!!

anilini
02-08-2008, 02:43 AM
can somebody tell me the checksum of a working Leopard-AMD-10.5.1.iso?

christurner
02-08-2008, 02:58 PM
i have just bought a new Tenda TEL9939DI lan adapter, but the computer does not see it. i have reinstalled with the vanilla disk image because I was told that a PCI lan card with a rtl8139d chip should work, is this not the case, does anyone have any suggestions?

my set up

MB: Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3
CPU: AMD A64 X2 6000 3.0 AM2
Mem: 1Gbx2 GSKILL
sound: integrated on board
graphics: integrated on board
Dvd: Lite On
Hard Drive: Maxtor 5T020H2 (old but works)
on board motherboard audio is : Realtek ALC883 codec chip
on board motherboard lan is Realtec RTL8211
on board motherboard video is nvidia 6100/ nforce 430 chipset

On board lan is turned off, so is firewire. audio still not working, but i dont care about that right now.

when i look at "about this Mac" it tells me that no PCI card is installed, but the green light on the lan card is on and blinks from time to time.

thanks for the help!

mr.mario
02-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Hello

I have HP dv6240 I can not format,erase,create partition
when I do this Leo it freezes, when I did this I lost partitions

I am sorry for English

thanks for help

Everest Ultimate Edition RAPORT

boognish
02-09-2008, 01:27 AM
I've just booted up Zephyroth rev 1 release and get to the select destination pane, but it's blank and can't select my hdd. Can anyone tell me what's causing this please? It doesn't show up in disk utility either, just my dvd drive does.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Dual Core 2.6GHz
AM2 Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 Motherboard
Asus Radeon 2400 PRO
2GB PC2-6300 800Mhz Ram
Hitachi 160GB Sata II Hard Drive

Thanks!

cgsheen
02-09-2008, 01:44 AM
boognish:I've just booted up Zephyroth rev 1 release and get to the select destination pane, but it's blank and can't select my hdd. Can anyone tell me what's causing this please? It doesn't show up in disk utility either, just my dvd drive does.

AM2 Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 Motherboard

Hitachi 160GB Sata II Hard Drive
Ya, Zephyroth's first release doesn't fully support your motherboards AMD/ATi chipset and your SATA drive(s)... That should change with the next release. Otherwise it's a little more difficult.

boognish
02-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! Shame, I bought these components specifically because it said on osx86project that this motherboard worked http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.1 (last model on the Gigabyte list). Are there any releases out there you know of that do support my motherboard? ... least until rev 2 is released

boognish
02-09-2008, 04:20 AM
Are there any patches I can use? Does it make any difference if I put windows on the system and install os x through VMware? This guy has the same motherboard and mentions he used this method ... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83330 , also this guy has an almost identical set up to mine and mentions using VMware ... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81398 . I'm completely new to this. If anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be really appreciated.

DoiX
02-09-2008, 04:24 AM
you cannot install leopard in vmware, if you want tiger search google for tiger patched images

boognish
02-09-2008, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the advice, downloading now. I can cope with tiger for the time being. I've got leopard on my g4 mac mini and there's hardly been any major upgrades, spaces is good, as is stacks and the rss feed in mail I use, other than that webclip doesn't work as well as I wanted it to and not really fussed about the other updates. So Tigers fine until rev 2 is released, just looking forward to running os x on a fast system for a change.

jchavez13
02-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Hello All,
Totally new to the site and to the world of MAC. I would like help in acquiring a copy of Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.1 AMD.
I have a Toshiba with the following specs:
AMD Turion™ 64 X2 mobile technology gold edition TL-64; 3GB DDR2 SDRAM; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; Labelflash support; 15.4" widescreen; 250GB hard drive; built-in Web cam; Windows Vista Home Premium; ATI RADEON HD2400.

Any suggestions, comments, and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CupofDice
02-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Hey guys. I tried installing tubgirl months ago, but couldn't get anywhere with it. It saw my harddrive, but couldn't write to it, though it removed vista. Anyway I am trying zephyroth's leo since it seems the right one for my machine.

Specs-

HP Pavilion a6230n PC
Asus M2N68-LA Motherboard
3GB DDR2 SDRAM
Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE Graphics
Hitachi 400GB SATA

When I get zephyroth's leo, will I have to do anything special like inject kexts into the iso or burnt dvd. This may be a problem since I am on Linux (Ubuntu Gutsy), and I can't see the hfs folders (I can see some boot files), but I do have XP running in virtualbox, and I can see the hfs folders using transmac. Also how would I go about changing permissions for the files from XP or is that not possible. Thanks for any help.

crawle
02-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I think, when injecting kexts with XP (transmac) permissions doesn't matter. Maybe you should inject a kext for your chipset to be sure, that SATA'll work. Did you try it without any changes to your image/DVD?

P.s.: Use DVD-RW, so you won't waste too much DVDs ;-)

CupofDice
02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks for responding. When I tried tubgirl months ago, I did it without changing the disc/iso. I got past the .plist errors by playing with the boot flags. I was able to see my HD, and I was able to wipe off my Vista install (or maybe I just made it where it couldn't be seen), but I wasn't able to format to HFS+.

http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php (Working tutorial)
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=84370 (Someone who got it up and running)
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=67713 (Injecting kext tutorial) (This is the one that confused me with the switching from XP to Mac)
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77071&st=0&p=544498&#entry544498 (These are the drivers I may need right?)

I plan on following the above links when installing. They are all I need right? On the third link, he mentions that you have to switch to mac. Can I do this off the install dvd? Thanks for all help.

CupofDice
02-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I just discovered with the help of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=1cd5d0dd2b46b95f0aad4a218cb27253&t=684420 that I can mount the hfs side of the tubgirl dvd in linux with hfsplus. I thought that was only for reading mac drives, but I guess I was wrong. This means I don't have to use transmac/virtualbox. That said, I am wondering if I can use the linux terminal to replace the commands in the above link #3. Or am I getting the instructions wrong.

pick96
02-11-2008, 08:00 AM
ok noob with leopard. I was able to get 10.5.1 to install on my amd, but i only have a ps2 keyboard. I was able to get the appleps2controller.kext onto disk0s2 that would be the second partition that is hfs+. My osx install is on disk0s1. i've tried transmac, macdrive, UFSexplorer, and hfsexplore with no luck. i simply cant get into disk0s2 from vista. My question is: From terminal how do i enter in the cp or ditto command to get the appleps2controller.kext from disk0s2 to disk0s1 system/library/extensions. disk0s2 volume name is leopard1 and diskos1 is leopard. I tried looking at the wiki but it keeps giving me an error about being updated right now. any help would be great. i am able to boot leopard up to the screen were it says to plug in a keyboard.

pro_viruz
02-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi guys!im a newbie here!from were i can download this software Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.1 AMD???its like most of the torrent sites are block.

kerrymorgan1
02-11-2008, 08:46 PM
YAY I can help for once Download from "THEPIRATEBAY".com torrent (Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits) then use azureus or whatever to download it from there

quickshade
02-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Couple of questions:

1.I recently got this to install on an external harddrive. after fixing the boot system I started the system up. The first time it got to lan detection (when it was loading) and then froze after it detected my lan cards. So I rebooted and put in cpus=1 and it got to the same point and gave me another error about the lan system. So I turned off lan system in the bios and tried again. This time it gave me another error which after i booted in safe mode (-X -V right?) was
[time] localhost configd[40]: could not establish network configuration: success!
Sometimes it will pass this and then say it couldn't update the kernel, I'll try and post the exact message.

Although I still want it to work on that PC I have it running on my laptop right now, But have a couple of questions, Can I just plug it into another (the one above) PC after I set it up and expect it to work?
I have PCLinuxOS and Vista installed on internal harddrives using GRUB to boot, can I add an entry to boot to the darwin bootloader?

AMD 6000 (3.0)
asus m2n sli deluxe motherboard
nvidia 8800GTS 320 version
2 sata harddrives
sata dvd/cd drive
onboard sound/network
My Book external drive (320GB) 1:32GB mac install (HFS) 2:270GB NTFS media files.

megaargon1
02-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Rev. 2 release date? Anyway to patch this with the retail version?

b4k4
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
@megaaron

Stop asking this in every single thread. It'll be done when it's done and hounding these people who do all this in their spare time wont make the release come any faster. Just sit back, relax and wait for Zephyroth to announce when it's released.

eard
02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
yea yea like he said
just sit down or go to sleep or i dont know
but just wait men ;)
its done when its done
cya

kerrymorgan1
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
HELP ok i'm installing using
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85573
it seems flawless! but i'm having issues i'm installing it onto a separate HDD my Windows is on a 500gb Sata drive and i have a 80gb IDE i want to put OSX 10.5.1 on i have patched copy from lord zephyroth but i'm having issues....
First what format do i change it to?Mac OS Extended (Journaled)? or one of the others?

megaargon1
02-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Okie, =)

b4k4:@megaaron

Stop asking this in every single thread. It'll be done when it's done and hounding these people who do all this in their spare time wont make the release come any faster. Just sit back, relax and wait for Zephyroth to announce when it's released. b4k4:@megaaron

Stop asking this in every single thread. It'll be done when it's done and hounding these people who do all this in their spare time wont make the release come any faster. Just sit back, relax and wait for Zephyroth to announce when it's released.

SP1950
02-12-2008, 09:59 PM
EDIT:10.5.1r1 just doesn't work for me...
i am downloading 10.5.2 now:)

here are my spec:
AMD 64 X2 3600+
nForce 405
1G DDR2 x2
HD: tried with 500GB SATA & 10GB IDE (format primary id=af)
DVD: tried with both SATA & IDE

does my computer support this release?
do i need to do anything with my computer before installation?
thanks.:)

LohnenNicht
02-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I have a A8n32-sli deluxe motherboard. installation went well, removed geforce kexsts and was able to boot into "create your account" screen at initial hard drive boot. But it gets stuck there. So I tried to transfer my settings from my iMac, and it still got stuck after it asked me to unplug the cable. Now every time I try to login (my accounts were still created) it goes into the desktop, but right before it shows any icons or the finder bar, it kicks me back out to the login screen, oever and over again as I try to login until my pc finally crashes.

Anyone else have this problem? Solutions?

Tankk
02-14-2008, 12:26 PM
hi!! i have athlon x2 4800+, mobo abit nf-m2s, 405 chipset, geforce 6100 integrated, 2gb ddr 2. does my comp support the zephyroth's 10.5.1 r1 or have to waitin for zephyroth's 10.5.2 r1??

damnesiac
02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
@Tankk, your system should be supported by 10.5.1 release. Try it and see. If it doesn't work then you can wait for 10.5.2 and see if that will work. Nothing is definite though, people with the same motherboards are experiencing random problems. There are so many hardware configs out there that its impossible to get them all to work properly.

Tankk
02-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Ok? tnx, but im waitin for 10.5.2... cuz 4gb from torrent its week from my life))

WinLinMac01
02-16-2008, 01:21 AM
the file is 4gb in size? 10.5.2 zeph rev.1 dvd image is 4gb in size? thats bigger than its predecessor...darn. this is not true right?

DoiX
02-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Winlinmac, don't worry! You can burn it on a usual 4.7 gb dvd :)

bacardi91
02-17-2008, 05:51 AM
I want to install Tiger or better Leopard onto my PC:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
ASUS M2N-e
Samsung S-ATA 250GB 16MB Cache
2GB 800MHz RAM (OCZ)
apple USB keyboard
USB optical mouse

When I try to install Tiger, it doesn't find my hd and the partitions.
When I try to install Leopard, there comes an error-message, that it couldn't create the folder .../.../.../BaseSystem.pkg.137k5Wy0
I tried it with several Tiger-Disks and several Leopard-Disks. Even Zephyroth Leopard-disk shows me this error, trying to install Leo.

Is it actually possible to install Leopard on a S-ATA drive or do I have to get an IDE-drive?

Thanks for helping

crawle
02-17-2008, 07:21 PM
@bacardi: for some chipsets, it IS possible. But in most cases (as far as I know) you have to inject a kext for your chipset into the dvd/image. You can do this with transmac. Have a look here: <a href="http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/3rdPartyDrivers">3rd Party Drivers - OSx86</a>. copy the .kext into System/Library/Extensions with transmac, burn the DVD and cross fingers, that it'll show your SATA-Drive.

-crawle

bacardi91
02-18-2008, 03:50 AM
do i have to do this with the leopard-image or the tiger image?
tiger shows me the partitions and disks in the disk-utility and I can format the partition into hfs, but in the menu to choose the installation-partition, it doesn't show anything.
in tiger, i am able to choose the partition to install, but i get those error-messages. in leopard's disk-utility i get errors when trying to check, repaier or do anything else with the partitions.

-bacardi91

Derwood
02-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Anyone trying to install on a Shuttle SN27P2? Nforce570 chipset? Would love to hear your installation strategy to see what could be wrong. I have run out of weekend now, and will try again next weekend. Thanks

costa rica 80
02-18-2008, 11:27 PM
hi to every body.
I am new to all this mac-leopard on pcs.
I have a hp pavilion dv6607nr with a AMD 64 and a copy of leopard 10.5.2 by ZEPHYROTH.
does any one have a good tutorial to follow for newbies.I have windows black xp and I tried the dual boot tutorial made at osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php but after complete everything to step 6.
I go to disk utility to open and select the partition I have created, but the partition is not there,so I cant format my partition to HFS+ journaled.I need so help please.

PS: If dual boot does not work with xp, I dont care to format my hole HDD.
I just need somebody to help me format the HDD, so leopard recogninsed

rodjoo
02-19-2008, 12:00 AM
ok, I'm a complete noob in mac osx86 thing so if someone could point me in right direction..

My laptop is hp 6715s

AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58
SATA HDD 120GB
Intel HD Audio
VIA SB600

When I boot 10.5.2 dvd normally it just pops gray screen with black apple and sits there, so I pressed F8 to enter advanced boot, and booted with -v then I can see it gets to some IOAPIC vectors 64 07 line and system freezes..

Golden-Dragon
02-19-2008, 12:02 AM
P.S Sorry for the double post

Hi there.. im a real noob when it comes 2 mac. tried to install some version and i't didn't work.. but now when i tried 10.5.2 release. it worked beside the network... dont understand how 2 fix it either,, i got a MSI K9N Platinum Motherbord with Dual LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Vitesse VSC8601.. please help me :) and BTW Zephyroth good work :)

Ficall81
02-19-2008, 08:02 AM
I have a question.

I wiped my HDD with a 10.5.1 version of Leopard and then shut down my system. I then booted from the 10.5.2 disc and all I got on the screen was a sign that said I need to restart my computer. When I do, it says the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

DTPHawk
02-20-2008, 04:03 AM
Quick question? What causes the "you must restart your computer" (in 6 languages) gray screen of death message? I take it that is a kernel panic of some kind. What do i need to do to narrow down the problem?

I have a feeling it's my Marvel 88E1116 NIC. Just did a fresh install with 10.5.2 DVD and both nForce 4 chipset and forcedeth drivers selected, but still would not work. Had to go back to the old driver in this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73317

Also my system profiler shows my AMD X2 3600+ as 133mhz and FSB as 14mhz and only 1 core? Seems to run okay so i'm not worried just seems very odd. Thanks in advance.

7eventh
02-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Hi,
I just have 10.5.2 (Zeph) up and running.... BUT ... Looking at the system profiler I only have one core ... actually at all the last versions Tubgirl 10.4, Zeph 10.5. I had two cores ... which is normal as I have an Opteron 165.

Is this the fix to get over the Lan-Freeze-problem (as this works fine now)?

Thanx

zephyroth
02-20-2008, 04:28 AM
No it's not the fix for the Lan-Freeze-Problem. I assume you are using 9.2.0 kernel which cause system profiler to show only one core.

DTPHawk
02-20-2008, 05:47 AM
Im using the 9.2.0 kernel as well. Should i reinstall with the older kernel? My system profiler stats for my processor are extremely off.

@ Zeph do you know if the Marvell 88E1116 chipset is supported in this version forcedeth kext? The vendor id is 0x0373. After fresh install the nic would stop working about halfway through boot up (the lights on nic port itself would go off, loosing power). The vendor id was missing from info.plist so i added it manually and reloaded everything. Then it wouldn't boot @ all (just black screen after apple logo and spinning wheel). Went into safe mode and removed forcedeth altogether and all is well again. So for now i'm still using the driver here which is very unstable but atleast works: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73317&hl=88e1116

7eventh
02-20-2008, 06:00 AM
zephyroth:No it's not the fix for the Lan-Freeze-Problem. I assume you are using 9.2.0 kernel which cause system profiler to show only one core.

Yep ... 9.2.0 ... so if its only the system profiler thats shows one core everything is fine ( I ll ignore my QE/CI-problem as I m close to distroying my quadro FX ;o) )

THANX

CmdCOM
02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi,

installed last night 10.5.2 (9.2.0 kernel, nvidia stuff(the nvinject + 512mb package, forcedeth, AC97, MBR EFI)

Mac OS started, but very slowly... started again in verbose mode and it hangs on something with IOKit and something with Name... can't remember.

Did I forgot something after installing the OS, like disabling something in the BIOS of my PC, or something with the rights of some drivers etc or deleting some packages in system/libraries/extensions/... ?

also, the graphics seemed to be very slow at the first start in the OS, how can I check that my Geforce 8800 GT 512MB is correctly installed?

Thanks for help

EDIT: seems to be the same problem as here:
http://osx.kbot.de/comments.php?DiscussionID=348&page=1#Item_0

Kruce
02-20-2008, 08:44 PM
This is certainly a beginner question, even though I've been lurking and reading since December.

Ok, what I want to do is install 10.5.2 on a different partition than XP64, with XP being the default boot. So far, here's what I've done:

- Create 2nd partition, make it active with DISKPART in XP (but not the "create partition id=af" tag that I've seen in some places)
- Install 10.5.2 with MBR, VIA, AC97, NFORCE, NVIDIA . . . after reformatting to Mac OS Journaled

Each time, it installs correctly (I think) and gets the reboot stage. BUT!!! I can't boot into OSX to complete the installation. It either jumps straight to XP, or when I boot from the DVD, begins the installation process again (Both actually booting from the DVD and using the DVD bootloader).

What have I missed? Thanks.

eddie11c
02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Try setting the partition active with fdisk. Load the DVD back up and type this in terminal.
replace X and Y with your disk/partition info.
fdisk -e /dev/rdiskXsY
update
f Y
w
q

Kruce
02-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks - I'll try that when I get home today. Now I'm wondering - what is about the Diskpart utility that doesn't accept partition activation, but the Mac one will?

amitaibar
02-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Is it possible to get ICH7 (full HDA) with alc880 chipset?
Some forums I looked for claimed it is possible but I couldn't do it.
It is the only thing I got not working

eddie11c
02-21-2008, 12:27 AM
amitaibar:Is it possible to get ICH7 (full HDA) with alc880 chipset?
Some forums I looked for claimed it is possible but I couldn't do it.
It is the only thing I got not working

If you setup audio EFI you should be able to.

amitaibar
02-21-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm quite new at this what do you mean by audio EFI exactly?
How do I do this?
Thanks for the quick response
Amitai

A_DoNuT333
02-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Ok...help me if you can...i just injected the kext for ATI SB600 southbridge SATA drivers and now on dvd boot up it hangs at the gray/black screen with a mouse cursor. I'm not sure if this is because of a kext issue or what but any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

eddie11c
02-21-2008, 10:29 AM
press F8 when the DVD first starts up and type -v and press enter to see whats going on.

A_DoNuT333
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
thanks but I always use -v when I install-makes me feel like it is actually doing something other than spinning an icon ;).
No this happens after that all loads. I think it is trying to load the main intall GUI but it just stops when the cursor loads in the upper left corner. I can move the cursor but nothing happens.

nchellzz
02-21-2008, 04:47 PM
anyone manage to get Ricoh PCMCIA card working on 10.5.1?

need help desperately

eddie11c
02-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Try booting into single user mode -s and remove the forcedeth.kext. I ran into this once before.

mcduff
02-21-2008, 11:22 PM
when trying to install, it seems to find my hds but hangs with:
AppleNForceATA::scanForDrives found 1 units
AppleNForceATA: Nvidia nForce MCP61 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x9f0 CTR 0xbf0 IRQ 23 BM 0xdc00)
AppleNForceATA::scanForDrives found 1 units
AppleNForceATA: Nvidia nForce MCP61 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x970 CTR 0xb70 IRQ 23 BM 0xdc08)
AppleNForceATA: Nvidia nForce MCP61 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x9e0 CTR 0xbe0 IRQ 23 BM 0xc800)
AppleNForceATA: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000
AppleNForceATA::scanForDrives found 0 units
Still waiting for root device

googling a bit, i found out, that MeDevil's kext should work on my board, as in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77071 UPDATE 31-dec-2007 it is listed in the working sata chipsets (0x03f610de). so i would like to know, if it isn't this version of MeDevil's kext that's included on the dvd.
my specs:
asus m2n-vm dh
amd athlon 64 X2 4800+
samsung SP2504C 250gb sata hd
samsung HD252kj 250gb sata hd
samsung SH-S183L sata dvd
i already tried disabling nforce lan, fw and jmicron sata ports to exlude them to be the source of the problem.

anyway, thanks alot to all who are doing so great work to provide leo to the community!

TigPT
02-22-2008, 03:38 AM
hi..

i wold like to start a new thread about ATI HD Mobile series.. since everyone with this card don't know what to do.. and mine is not working fine yeath..

i find a lot of info but dispersed.. maybe wold be nice to eveyone with this vga cards to have a place to try slove this insure..

(everyone with this card can normaly boot with -x flag at dvd installer, and installed SO.. but i tryed netkas and triaks drivers.. and nothing until now.. )

ty for your time, and keep doing this greath job =]

nchellzz
02-22-2008, 02:22 PM
eddie11c:Try booting into single user mode -s and remove the forcedeth.kext. I ran into this once before.

who is this directed to?

if it's to me, is it forcedeth.kext causing my pcmcia don't work?

nchellzz
02-22-2008, 02:25 PM
one more thing

my leopard installation always boot in text mode before it went into desktop (there's no apple white screen with circling icon in the middle)

why is that?

eddie11c
02-22-2008, 08:17 PM
nchellzz: eddie11c:Try booting into single user mode -s and remove the forcedeth.kext. I ran into this once before.

who is this directed to?

if it's to me, is it forcedeth.kext causing my pcmcia don't work?
This was for A_Donut333

A_DoNuT333
02-22-2008, 09:37 PM
This was for A_Donut333
Ok, I will give it a shot. Thanks man.

solidus23
02-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Hello Everyone, and thank you for the great 10.5.2 DVD Zephyroth. Though I am having some minor problems. First my components, I have an amd x2 6000+, 2 sata 250GB drives, dvd +cdrw drives, x1950 Pro graphics card, 4gb ram, and a m61p-s3 nForce 430 mobo. When I customize the install I choose the 9.2 kernel, azalia audio, nforce chipset, x19x0 driver, and nforce lan driver. It successfully installs the os, though when i boot into it i get messages that the kexts for my hardware where installed improperly and should be reinstalled. None of the hardware I choose from the customize list is working. Except for maybe the nforce chipset, because the sata is working. Though my lan, audio, and graphics arent working. I dont know what I may have done wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

zephyroth
02-23-2008, 09:28 PM
When you get a message like " THIS.kext was installed improperly and must be reinstalled" it's because its permissions are wrong (because I didn't make the pkg correctly ... sorry). To fix the permissions on a kext, you must open a Terminal, and type :

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/"the kext"
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/"the kext"

And reboot.

PS: There's a wiki. It's actually updated regularily, don't forget to check it.

Ianxxx
02-23-2008, 10:03 PM
might be slightly easier to do sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
if you are unsure which kexts to apply permissions to.

solidus23
02-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I have done the persmissions thing before and it still spits the error out at me, I will try again though. Thanks. Also I had forgotten that I get the messages only for the audio and graphics, the lan driver doesn't work for me and I guess the nforce chipset driver is working because I can use the sata. I dont know why the lan wont work, it is a nforce lan so it should have worked right? Thanks though for the help.

Ianxxx
02-23-2008, 10:11 PM
solidus23:I have done the persmissions thing before and it still spits the error out at me, I will try again though. Thanks. Also I had forgotten that I get the messages only for the audio and graphics, the lan driver doesn't work for me and I guess the nforce chipset driver is working because I can use the sata. I dont know why the lan wont work, it is a nforce lan so it should have worked right? Thanks though for the help.

Did you select it at custom install, zeph put lan drivers seperate to sata for nforce?

solidus23
02-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Ok good news and bad news sorta. The permissions changes WORKED this time. It see my x1950. Though it says that core image is running off software and quartz extreme is not supported??? My audio still doesnt work, though I may have installed the wrong drivers, I may try a reinstall and just install all the audio driver, i am not sure which one i have. My lan still doesnt work and to the answer lanxxx, yes i selected the lan driver seperately from the chipset driver though thanks for the help. The video problem is weird, why does it see and and know what it is yet not be able to use it's capabilities? hmmm...

Ianxxx
02-23-2008, 10:41 PM
solidus23:Ok good news and bad news sorta. The permissions changes WORKED this time. It see my x1950. Though it says that core image is running off software and quartz extreme is not supported??? My audio still doesnt work, though I may have installed the wrong drivers, I may try a reinstall and just install all the audio driver, i am not sure which one i have. My lan still doesnt work and to the answer lanxxx, yes i selected the lan driver seperately from the chipset driver though thanks for the help. The video problem is weird, why does it see and and know what it is yet not be able to use it's capabilities? hmmm...

I don't know about ati cards but I know that happens for me if I don't have my device ID in all the apropriate kexts.

solidus23
02-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks lanxxx, i am a newb. What other kexts should the id be in, i know the id so that isnt a problem. I have also found the id's for my audio and lan. Audio: 0x03f010de Lan: 0x03ef10de. If this helps at all.

Ianxxx
02-23-2008, 11:13 PM
You may have to ask someone else cos ATI is not something I've had experience with, but I would guess the files that have ati 1000x on would be what you are looking at.
But Maybe Zeph or someone could advise you better.

bajanboy
02-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Has anyone installed VMware or Paralellels Desktop on the Zephyroth's leopard 10.5.2 AMD and how is that working for you, I am experiencing kernel panics like crazy using each of those applications. Usually what is happenning is that the vitual machine will hang and then kill the host causing the panic.

Thanks,

Ianxxx
02-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Had a quick look at kext files and would guess ATIRadeon.kext and ATIRadeonX1000.kext

shaq t
02-23-2008, 11:41 PM
hey guys

Thanks zephyroth, and other friends. Great job.

I've got Leopard 10.5.2 AMD EFI (with fix guid ppf addon ) But, not installed. Boot screen problem messeage " unable to find driver ACPI" My bios settings on the ACPI is enabled. What's wrong, please help me

My computer specs:

Biostar TA690G AM2
Kingston 3gb ddr 667 mhz ram
Seagate hd x 3 (250, 250 400) sata2
asus 8800gt
500watt real power sup.
lg ide dvdrw

solidus23
02-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the help lanxxx, i will definetly try that. I still am having no luck with the audio and lan though. If anyone has had this install correctly on an nforce 4 chipset let me know thanks.

Ianxxx
02-24-2008, 12:01 AM
What audio?

solidus23
02-24-2008, 12:06 AM
More good news, the audio just started working somehow... Even in the profiler it says there is no audio, but i do... weird. All i need now is the nforce lan. Also maybe someone can point me in the right direction but where and how do i add the device id for my video card? i know i can open the contents of the kext and i need to add it to the info.plist file. I saw where a bunch of ids are in the file, is that where i add it???

cgsheen
02-24-2008, 12:07 AM
@solidus23
I think 3/4's of the people here use a MB with an nforce4 chipset... 2 of my 3 installs do. It'll be more helpful if you list more specific information about your motherboard (make & model) and what audio codec (audio chipset - like ALC850 or AD1986a) and what LAN chipset (realtek RTL8201, marvell xxxxxx, etc.).

If you can't look at the chips on the MB, the info is usually in the MB Users Manual & the manufacturer may have the Users Manual online in .pdf form. Links always help...

Ianxxx
02-24-2008, 12:11 AM
solidus23:More good news, the audio just started working somehow... Even in the profiler it says there is no audio, but i do... weird. All i need now is the nforce lan. Also maybe someone can point me in the right direction but where and how do i add the device id for my video card? i know i can open the contents of the kext and i need to add it to the info.plist file. I saw where a bunch of ids are in the file, is that where i add it???
simply yes, probably a good idea to remove the others

solidus23
02-24-2008, 12:14 AM
I posted my mobo in a previos post, but it is the M61P-S3 Gigabyte. The audio I also got working so no need for that. The lan is the nforce build-in lan interface i dont think there is a specific company, it just says nforce lan. From my most recent post, i need help with inputting a device id into the info.plist file. I am just unsure how to go about doing it, i dont want to screw everything up. i know the id of the card, which is the x1950 pro and the id is 0x7280.

Ianxxx
02-24-2008, 12:26 AM
0x72801002
heres an example of my plist device id 0x029210de

your using 10.5.2 so thanks to Zeph it should open with textmate
save changes then do permission chown, chmod
reboot with -f

solidus23
02-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks lanxxx, though i did add the id to the ATIRadeon.kext and X1000.kext it still says that core image is software and quartz extreme is disabled.

solidus23
02-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Ok here is where i am at. I got the audio working. Now the nforce lan, I installed the forcedeth, and even added the lan id to it and it still wont show up or work. Then the video card. x1950 pro added the id to ATIRadeon.kext, X1000.kext, and it was already in the Natit.kext. So if anyone has gotten the x1950 pro working or the forcedeth to work. Let me know thanks.

pocketref
02-24-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi all,

first of all, lots of thanks to zephy for this release...

got a problem anyway(one i couldnt find on anyother discussions, that's why i post here...)

In the mac osx installer, after having customized things, when starting to install, the installer log gives me this:

Can't find .info file (FixLeo)
The package "FixLeo" could not be opened.
Error opening package "FixLEo.pkg"

Then : The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install.

Any hint on what's the problem ??

Is my install DVD fucked up ??? (i checked the md5 of the iso and was the same as given in md5.txt)

Any help appreciated

EDIT : I burned DVD twice... same problem :(

Can this be a DVD drive problem ???

Also i checked the dvd within terminal in the MAC OSX installer and all "custom" packages added by Zeph (fixleo, nvidia, ati, lan drivers and so on) display weird owner ! The owner name is 501 instead of root (the owner group is wheel although) for all other packages. Could this be a permission problem ??
The iso is the Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD grabbed from the pirate bay (md5 checksum IS correct).

I can try to install the image on a hd partition, boot from the partition, fix the permissions for the "custom" packages and install then. What would you guys do in this case ???
Thanks for advices. Need help pleeeaaase :) => Zephy any suggestions ???
Cheers

EDIT : Burned the ISO using DISK UTILITY resolved the problem... sorry for NOIZEEEE HERE and good luck to everybody !!

Hardware specs :
Asus A8n SLI Premium
AMD Athlon X2 4200+
Nforce4 chipset
LAN : Marvell + Nvidia
Graphics : XFX GeForce 7900 GS
DVD drive : Pioneer DVD/RW DVR109

solidus23
02-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Good News everyone... for me at leat lol. I finaly got my x1950 to work properly. So now my problem is the lan. I have found a driver that recognizes the 430 nforce lan. Though it cant connect to the internet, not sure what to do. If anyone has gotten the nforce 430 lan to work let me know, my mobo is the m61p-s3 by the way. thanks

solidus23
02-24-2008, 07:17 PM
I have got Leopard running 100%, all hardware is working. Though my last kink is with Time Machine. When I launch it I get a Finder window then it crashes. I get this in the console:

2/24/08 7:13:44 AM ReportCrash[190] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
2/24/08 7:13:46 AM com.apple.launchd[102] ([0x0-0x10010].com.apple.finder[131]) Exited abnormally: Segmentation fault
2/24/08 7:13:46 AM Finder[191] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Anyone ever see this? Thanks.

Ianxxx
02-24-2008, 10:11 PM
solidus23:I have got Leopard running 100%, all hardware is working. Though my last kink is with Time Machine. When I launch it I get a Finder window then it crashes. I get this in the console:

2/24/08 7:13:44 AM ReportCrash[190] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
2/24/08 7:13:46 AM com.apple.launchd[102] ([0x0-0x10010].com.apple.finder[131]) Exited abnormally: Segmentation fault
2/24/08 7:13:46 AM Finder[191] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Anyone ever see this? Thanks.

Had the same thing run marvins on your system

maxunderkill
02-26-2008, 01:52 AM
N00b here, please be patient with me...

I have an HP dv8210US Laptop -

AMD Turion ML 32
2Gb Ram
ATI Radeon Xpress 200
Broadcom Wifi(4138?)
Conexant AC-Link audio
hdd0 - Fujitsu MHV3080AH(80G)
hdd1 - WDC WD1200VE(120G)
Lightscribe DVDRW (Pioneer)
Realtek RTL8139 Eth.

I cleared hdd1 and removed paging on hdd1 for the install of Leopard...

I don't think any of that is relevent to my problem tho... so here it is...
I've burned three different install DVD's (Zephyroth 10.5.2, iAtkos v.1 patched and V.1r2) and get the same error with all 3 "system config file '/Library/Preferences/System Configuration/com.apple.boot.plist' not found" and it won't get any further than that.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated... I am so sick of M$ Windoze I could puke but i can't afford to go out and buy myself a new Mac.....

Thank In Advance....

cgsheen
02-26-2008, 02:43 AM
maxunderkill:I have an HP dv8210US Laptop -
Slightly the same as my Compaq V2312us... Here's where you may have trouble:

AMD Turion ML 32 --> no problem here
2Gb Ram --> or here
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 --> biggest stumbling block, may never work with full support (WILL work with rudimentary features)
Broadcom Wifi(4138?) --> OSX LOVES the wireless G HP uses - works well.
Conexant AC-Link audio --> mine works OOTB as an AC97 audio device (but didn't test Mic In...)
hdd0 - Fujitsu MHV3080AH(80G)
hdd1 - WDC WD1200VE(120G)
Lightscribe DVDRW (Pioneer)
Realtek RTL8139 Eth. --> Same as the wireless, mine was supported OOTB

Things you didn't list:
Keyboard: OSX doesn't like PS2 keyboards - never got mine working (had to use external USB keyboard)
Touchpad: some report the Synaptics Touchpad working, mine didn't (I had too many other things wrong - didn't even fool with this one...)
Card Reader: nope
PCMCIA Card slot: nope

Biggest problem on mine: OSX doesn't seem to like the main chipset (and/or the support chips aren't quite "standard") Drive support was slow and spotty and OSX runs SLOW AS MUD (if it runs at all). I still have never been able to "directly install" to that machine. The only way I got 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 actually running was by installing to an external USB disk on another computer, finding and installing .kexts for the SB400 southbridge, then using the external drive to boot the laptop. Never got it to an internal drive...

I wouldn't start unless you feel up to trying to overcome these hurdles... I tried 15-20 times (both 10.5.1 and 10.5.2) before I gave up. It's just not a good base hardware set for OSx86 (although some of the peripherals work amazingly well)

nchellzz
02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
hi
does anyone can confirm if AppleACPIPlatform.kext on Zephyroth's DVD is original stock kext from Apple or is it already modified in some way?

i'm trying to get pcmcia card to work, and it seems that i have to have the original stock kext

brucebanner
02-27-2008, 03:29 PM
is there a guide to install dual boot with vista, i have the zephyroth 10.5.2 image, i burned a dvd, but i cant seem to find any step by step guide to install it. please if you have a guide email to [email protected].

thanks

ziska
02-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi all,

this is my configuration :
ASROCK AM2NF3 VSTA
Athlon 64X2 4200+

My problem is :
I can"t boot the new AMD EFI 10.5.2 Zephyroth on my system ..; because it always freezes on the blank OSX page (which ask you to reboot) and with the -x command it freezes on the blank page (but without asking you to reboot)..

What's the problem with my configuration ?
Do i have to change something on my system ?

thanks a lot and congratulations to zephyroth !

kanchata
02-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Hello people, first to all.... THANK´S, specially to contributors to make the releases.
Next times have a different questions to resolve around my AMD/Leopard platform machine.
Kanchata

dred
03-01-2008, 08:40 AM
I have looked everywhere and can't find a fix for the long blue screen during startup (5 minutes). Everything is working after it finally goes to the desk top, and I ran Marvin's utility.

My system:
9.2.0 kernel
MSI K9N Diamond mother board
AMD 6400+ processor
4 Gig 800MHZ ram
XT1950 pro video card

Thanks for the help

A_DoNuT333
03-01-2008, 12:06 PM
A_DoNuT333:thanks but I always use -v when I install-makes me feel like it is actually doing something other than spinning an icon ;).
No this happens after that all loads. I think it is trying to load the main intall GUI but it just stops when the cursor loads in the upper left corner. I can move the cursor but nothing happens.

Hey, I still have this problem. I tried to remove forcedeth.kext using -s on dvd bootup but that got me no where. I'm not even sure it removed it at all. This is very frustrating because I am so close to seeing the installer it's not even funny. Any help is appreciated...again. Thanks.

Snapshot of screen: http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/benyboy08/blankscreenLeo.jpg

Christian
03-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Can someone help me fix this error? Heres my computers specs: http://exposedwire.net/specs.html

and heres the error i get:

Partition Failed

Partition Failed with the error:

Input/output error

I get that error when i try to re-partition the harddrive

dreampowder
03-01-2008, 03:58 PM
hello, i have been trying to install 10.5.2 zephyroth on my HP COMPAQ NX6125 Laptop. (AMD Turion64 ML-34 CPU, Atix200GPU). the installation starts with no problem, but when i start the installation, the progres bar moves a little bit and then it stops. while this is happening i can still use my mouse and click on the menus at top.. but the laptop is starting to overheating, and after a few minutes it shuts down due to overheating. is there anything you know abot this issue?

A_DoNuT333
03-01-2008, 09:22 PM
@dreampowder
The install shouldn't make your computer over heat by itself. You need to make sure you laptop is properly ventilated and if that still does not help, go by a cooling pad for it.
Back to your issue, is there any harddrive activity or DVD activity while it's not moving?

dreampowder
03-01-2008, 10:21 PM
@A_Donut333

i am using a cooling pad already.. dvd seems to be working for a while but then it also stops. and theres not much harddisk activity either..

ziska
03-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Hi all,

this is my configuration :
ASROCK AM2NF3 VSTA
Athlon 64X2 4200+

My problem is :
I can"t boot the new AMD EFI 10.5.2 Zephyroth on my system ..; because it always freezes on the blank OSX page (which ask you to reboot) and with the -x (and also the -s) command it freezes on the blank page (but without asking you to reboot)..

What's the problem with my configuration ?
Do i have to change something on my system ?

thanks a lot and congratulations to zephyroth !

crawle
03-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Start with -v flag and make a photo of your kernel panic.

-crawle

ziska
03-03-2008, 09:17 PM
1. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6954/image001vz4.jpg
2. http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4058/image002wz0.jpg
3. http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4849/image003xs1.jpg

Ps : sorry if the picture is too small XD i couldn't do better ....
you'll need to make a huge zoom to decrypt it

it's writing : "writing OSOwned"

thank you very but very very much !

Puttabong
03-03-2008, 09:21 PM
ziska, sorry, but we really can't see anything on that pictures!

Anders
03-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I installed 10.5.2 rev. 1 and I have a couple of issues:

When installing I need to have an IDE drive plugged in, not really an issue but still...
After installation I can't boot (same with GUID & MBR, tried both). Need rd=disk0s1 when booting from the DVD
Network is SLOW (rtl8139 pci). I have a nforce network card too, but it doesn't seem to load it or so
Can't load NVinject, says something about an undefined symbol in IOKit.kext (looks like a mangled C++ symbol)
Even though I picked 9.2.0 kernel, it installed the 9.0.0 kernel... ideas?

That's about it for now, otherwise seems quite nice :) Thanks!

ziska
03-03-2008, 10:29 PM
ok i'm sorry for that
i retook a photo ..
here it is in good quality :
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo011cb9.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo015wd0.jpg

In fact, i have sometime the picture1's problem and sometimes the picture2's problem ... but it never boot i'm sure of it !

Thanks !!!

lateralusman
03-05-2008, 12:53 AM
posted in wrong place...

Ludvig
03-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Hi, I am having problem with the "Lan-Freeze Issue". Right now I boot with cpus=1, which obviously make so only on core is in use. But I'm not complaining, I'm very happy that I could install Leopard at all. But it would be nice to use both cores, so is there any fix for this? Thanks!

Ianxxx
03-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Ludvig:Hi, I am having problem with the "Lan-Freeze Issue". Right now I boot with cpus=1, which obviously make so only on core is in use. But I'm not complaining, I'm very happy that I could install Leopard at all. But it would be nice to use both cores, so is there any fix for this? Thanks!
I think there things you can do to improve it, but for me the only way to fix it was to buy another lan card. realtek 8169

Ludvig
03-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Ianxxx:I think there things you can do to improve it, but for me the only way to fix it was to buy another lan card. realtek 8169
Hm, okey. Does installing EFI solve the problem?

Ianxxx
03-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Not in my experience

Ludvig
03-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Do you know any other way than boot with cpus=1 to improve it?

Ianxxx
03-06-2008, 10:57 PM
use guid efi, in info.plist change irqtimer to true instead of false in forcedeth-d.kext/info.plist

Ludvig
03-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Hm, ok. Do you know any easy guide to install EFI on AMD system?

Ianxxx
03-08-2008, 12:09 AM
1 - Boot with the DVD.
2 - Press F8, then type "-s"
3- type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"
4 - type "dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1 (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)
5 - type "dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1
6 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8"

Info was on wiki "how to fix guid"

farcaller
03-08-2008, 03:04 AM
Can't get my geforce 7600 go to work. I've installed macos from 10.5.2 amd efi dvd (with bundled nvidia update and nvinject go). That resulted in 1024x768 resolution (native is 1280x800) and no QE. Fixing permissions on /S/L/E got me to native resolution but QE still not working. After official graphics update kernel update I get kernel panic (I suppose I have to blame NVDAResman.kext for this one, it looks like cpuid inside, but I was unable to patch it).

I've got QE working on my previous 10.4.9 installation, so I know, that technically it should be possible.

Any ideas?

Ianxxx
03-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Why did you use the official graphics update it's included on the dvd, its more likely you weren't getting QE from lack of correct ID in kexts

farcaller
03-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I've tried to fix IDs in GeForce.kext, NVADResman.kext, NVinject and HAL40 one, that got me to native resolution, but still no QE.

Ianxxx
03-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Don't know if it would work but you could try this
http://osx86.wikidot.com/how-to-s#toc6

roisoft
03-08-2008, 07:56 PM
you can try patch the graphics update with this one (http://tinyurl.com/39csng), extract and copy to the root, boot with -s and type
mount -uw /
cd /patches
./patcher cpuid-graphics.txt

farcaller
03-08-2008, 08:31 PM
GFX string didn't help. And I've already tried that patches.zip resulting in kernel panic

farcaller
03-08-2008, 10:45 PM
After some more googling I've found "leo vid kexts" archive. that kexts do work (QE is working), but there are lots of rendering bugs (menus don't render until the last moment when I close them, dashboard rendering still buggy). I've got OpenGL.framework from the Graphics Update 1.0. I have natit, not nvinject. Any hints?

budala
03-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi! I'm new here so forgive my rudeness, but I was wondering, is there a fully functional AMD system configuration?

Like use this MOBO, this CPU, this HDD, this RAM, this OPTICAL and everything works out of the box?

Puttabong
03-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Many different system configurations work out of the box, including mine! ;)

( click my name to see hardware specs )

However, if you want to build a new machine, I highly recommend an Intel Core 2 Quad Machine!

WinLinMac01
03-09-2008, 07:35 PM
You can purchase that Quad CPU for only $ 254 USD. Not a bad price.

@budala, why don't you visit the customize section of this forum. There are plenty of users that have listed their specifications that work out of the box. =)

Puttabong:Many different system configurations work out of the box, including mine! ;)

( click my name to see hardware specs )

However, if you want to build a new machine, I highly recommend an Intel Core 2 Quad Machine!

budala
03-09-2008, 10:25 PM
WinLinMac01:You can purchase that Quad CPU for only $ 254 USD. Not a bad price.

@budala, why don't you visit the customize section of this forum. There are plenty of users that have listed their specifications that work out of the box. =)

I am making a Hackintosh but with Intel it's easy and I've made my configuration but I am thinking about AMD and especially a Phenom and if possible a 690 or a 780 chipset variety :-)

budala
03-09-2008, 10:26 PM
And I will check it out (How does one edit comments?)

budala
03-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm sorry but I've looked through the Customization & Screenshots part but I can't seem to find any configurations. Am I blind? Can someone please give me a couple of links?

Sp00n
03-13-2008, 01:36 AM
I have just installed 10.5.2 R1 on to my pc, booted the installation in safemode and everything went smoothly. Rebooted without dvd in drive and boots up just until it moves to the operating system and i get a weird screen with black and white artifacts.

Reboot in to safe mode and i get proper graphics... or so i thought.

Checking whats installed i noticed that the kexts for my graphics aren't loaded, the ethernet isn't working so i guess the same theory could be applied to that, as well as the sound!

I repaired the permissions on the drive but still get the same when i try to boot normally.

When i boot up in safe mode, each time i get an error stating "natit.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it"

^^I'm guessing this is a big clue as to whats wrong?

I checked all the appropriate options at the install for my hardware (sb600 kext/ac97 audio/2600xt).

I've also looked in to the extensions folder and they do appear to all be there (maybe because its safe mode?).

Little help would go a long way :)

Hardware:

AMD x64 Dual Core 3800+
HIS HD2600XT 512MB
2gb PC5400
MSI K9AGM2 (sb600 chipset)
250gb Hitachi Sata

Sp00n
03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Tried to chmod the Natit* directory after reading about on google a bit but it doesnt appear to make any difference, dont even get any error messages when i try it either :/

This is the command i found:

sudo su
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit*
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit*

gaz919
03-13-2008, 05:49 PM
try booting with -f -x

but if you get stuck in the graphics loop you need to follow the fix

Boot using "-s" flag then type ->

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root <- Type any password you want

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

Sp00n
03-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Ok thats managed to pickup my ATI card, however can only select 1024x768 and another kext failed when i booted up; ATY_Triakis.kext.

Also my ac97 audio isn't working even though i ticked the box.

Dammit this stuff is hard! lol.

Incidently, what does that -f switch do and do i have to boot up with the siwtches everytime? :(

gaz919
03-14-2008, 06:52 AM
the -f forces the extentions to load at boot. I use at every boot, you can add it to com.apple.Boot.plist which is the boot file at it will work auto. I use -f -v

You can try reinstalling ATY_Triakis.kext with kext helper it may have a permissions problem.

my ac97 audio always works perfect, and the driver is much better than windows, Check if the kext is installed, and install it manually if its not.

If you look you may be able to find a pkg install for it.

Good luck

naquaada
03-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Sp00n:

open Terminal and enter (or copy/paste) this:

sudo -s (password)

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions && chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairpermissions /

after this delete /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and reboot. Now it should work.

Sp00n
03-15-2008, 01:52 AM
I don't have extensions.mkext =/

Is it because im in safe mode?

Puttabong
03-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Sp00n: You can either delete Extensions.mkext, or type -f at boot, or even easier, type this into Terminal:

kextcache -a i386 -K /mach_kernel -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
Then reboot.

Sp00n
03-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Well i didn't delete the mkext as i couldnt find it so i tried a reboot anyway, rebooted and didnt enter any switches so im not running in safe mode and the bloody thing works!

How awesome is this, lol.

Now i need to get my audio working, I've got a k9agm2 motherboard which has onboard realtek ALC888, i have found alcinject.kext, do i just drop it in to my extensions folder and reboot?

Puttabong
03-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Make sure that you set the permissions correctly etc.

I highly recommend Kext Helper for eay kext installation.

http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html

Good Luck & Have fun!

Ianxxx
03-15-2008, 02:08 AM
No you need to repair permissions as said earlier

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions && chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

Sp00n
03-15-2008, 02:33 AM
installed alcinject via the kext helper, rebooted but no sound still.

I didnt repair the permissions as i thought the programme does it?

If i go to about > advanced and check the extensions it shows alcinject in the list, does that mean its loaded but its the wrong kext?

Ianxxx
03-15-2008, 02:37 AM
it certainly means its loaded, and no you don't have to repair permissions if you used kexthelper.
Have you tried audio in all the jack plugs?

Also under system preferences sound do you have any device showing?

Sp00n
03-15-2008, 02:50 AM
I have nothing in the system preferences however i loaded a dump file for the alc888 in the hdahelper program and rebooted...

Voila! I have sound, still nothing in the system preferences which i find odd though, but right now this is working perfectly!

This is so awesome.

Can i change it so it says 2GHz AMD 3800+ ? (just being picky now)

Ianxxx
03-15-2008, 02:53 AM
yes check the wiki

xpayne
03-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Can someone please tell me what to do. I burned rev2 on dvd and i cant get to the installation. It just sticks at the apple logo and stop sing apears

upd
03-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Can someone share the bios setting of GA-M55PLUS-S3G?

My config:
CPU: 4800+ x2
Motherboard: GA-M55Plus-S3G (Bios version F13)
HDD & DVD Rom: Maxtor 40G IDE (primary master), DVD-RW (second master)
Ram: 3G DDRII 667

When I boot the computer with the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 it hang.

-v -x it shows:
EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH
Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000fbdb0
Using ACPI RSDP revision 0 found at 0x000fa7c0
Hey we are going backwards! -> , restarting timing
Hey we are going backwards! -> , restarting timing
Calibation failed with 2 attempts

dred
03-17-2008, 02:26 AM
I just installed rev2 using MBR EFI_v8. If I chose that option does it install efi for me or do I have to install efi separately?

Ianxxx
03-17-2008, 02:52 AM
It should install it for you

dred
03-17-2008, 03:43 AM
Okay

yearzero
03-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on trying to install 10.5.2 (r2) in a couple of weeks, when I have sufficient bandwidth to finish downloading the ISO. I'm after any advice or tips regarding the installation process. I'm particularly interested to hear from anyone who has experience dealing with the hardware I have:

M/board: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
CPU: AMD x2 4400+
Video: Gigabyte 7300GT 256mb
Pioneer DVR-111D (DVD-RW), IDE
Seagate Barracuda 320GB, SATA II
PS/2 keyboard & mouse

I also have a Netgear WG311v3 wireless card, which I don't believe will work; am I correct in this?

I'd appreciate any advice on getting this up and running successfully :-)

Lnerrrka
03-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone,

Is there any way to control CPU speed in 10.5.2 r2. Computer is very noisy, because the frequency is 3.2ghz
My spec:
AMD Athlon X2 6400+
Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2
2048 MB RAM
400GB SAMSUNG HD403LJ SAMSUNG HD403LJ
Nvidia 8500GT 512MB

bajanboy
03-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi yearzero,

I dont think that you will have any problems installing leopard 10.5.2, your system specs are very close to what I have and it's running fine on mine...let me know if you have any problems.

yearzero
03-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Fantastic; thank you, bajanboy :-)

Should be an interesting ride, regardless. Photoshop on UNIX = hot.

I'll be sure to post how things turn out, and indeed I'll likely be back to ask many (stupid) questions before I have it up and running. I'm used to UNIX based systems (mostly Linux), but not OS X, so I'm keen to have something new to play with :-)

gammer
03-20-2008, 07:01 AM
hey guys
I'm wondering if someone can help me I installed Leopard 10.5.2 rev 1, i believe it installed no problem
when I typed,
-s
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
it says: help something or other then goes to
fdisk 1
it should be "fdisk0"
f 3
I know this is my problem why it won't boot I just get the "blinking curser"
how do I get rid of this problem?? any help would be appreciated
somone else had this problem but I couldn't find it on the forums.

specs:
Toshiba a210-04L
AMD Athlon 64x2 TK-57
Realtek ALC268
toshiba MK1246GSX ATA 120GB
ATI Radeon X1200

bhast2
03-20-2008, 01:03 PM
ok when i did mine it showed as fdisk 1 and it all worked fine

WinLinMac01
03-21-2008, 09:38 PM
by default if using only one hard drive and one partition should be fdisk 1. You probably have more than one partition or hd. Let us know.

gammer
03-22-2008, 04:33 AM
I only have 1 Hd
ya! I do, I have 1.48 G EISA partition
and 98.75 Gb NTFS Partition Vista
12Gb were my Leopard is installed

rossomax
03-24-2008, 05:20 PM
hi!

is it possible to install mac os (tiger or leo) to MSI vr330?
AMD mobile (Sempron 3500 1,8 gh, supports sse3), nVidia c51, NVIDIA GeForce GO 6100, Atheros 5006/7 controller.

what iso file i must downloaad? what start with?

thx, Max

jeffy
03-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Hello Community!
I have downloaded the Leopard 10.5.2 AMD EFI Rev.2 with the guide of WinLinMac01 over newsgroups. I burned it on DVD [4x speed]. I booted from it and came into Leopard menu. I chose german as default languge. I used the Disk Utility and made a partition for Leopard(called "leopard") and a second for Windows (called "DATA"). Iused Mac OS Extended
(Journaled) as format and I selected Master Boot record in the options.The DATA partition was formated with FAT. Then i went back to the Installer and chose the leopard Partition as destination to install leopard.
Then i continued and customized the Installation (graphic driver for hd 3870; AC97 sound driver ; ToH kernel SSE3 9.2.0; additional fonts; and the sb drivers. I started the installation and the DVD has been checked. The DVD check hasn´t had any errors. The installation went to the beginning of the the second girder of the X. It said that are about 5 minutes left.
Then it said that i should restart my computer. WHY? after the restart he only wanted to boot from the disk again!
I tried this with three different DVDs about 6 times.
My hardware:
MSI k9a platinium (rd580x+sb600)
AMD Athlon x2 6000+ 3ghz AM2
Samsung 250GB SATA2(in 2nd plug-in)
Samsung DVD SATA2(in 1st plug-in)
2x 512MB extrememory 2x 512MB GEiL all DDR2 800
Sapphire HD3870
PS. one time the installation went until the last minute and had the a unknown error
I hope you can help me!
THX

bhast2
04-02-2008, 08:33 AM
did you check a boot loader???

ste21280
04-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi All

I need help installing Zepyroth's OS X Leopard 10.5.2 on my PC, I need an Install guide to help me got threw the steps to get it installed on my PC, Ive download the Zepyroth's .iso file and burned it to DVD.

What do i do now to get its fully working:

My PC Spec is:

Shuttle SN25P
AMD Opteron 170 Dual Core
2GB RAM
250GB SATA Western Digital HD
XFX 7600 GT XXX 256MB Graphics Card
18x Sony DVD±RW

bhast2
04-04-2008, 04:49 PM
boot to the dvd
and go through the process of installing just like any os
but after you pick your hard drive to install it on
click the customize button to pick the packages you want to install

R0GUE
04-04-2008, 06:31 PM
<UL>
<LI>Insert the DVD into your machine.
<LI>Boot into the bios and select the first boot device as your optical drive to allow the system to boot from the DVD.
<LI>If all goes well the Mac OS X installer will appear. Select your language and wait for the next prompt.
<LI>At the top of the screen you will see a menu, go to 'Utilities' and select 'Disk Utility'.
<LI>Once in Disk Utility select the drive you wish to install OS X onto - this is visually represented in the left hand pane.
<LI>Once selected look for 'Partition' and 'Options', use either 'GUID' for EFI or 'MBR' for Master Boot Record, then press 'OK'
<LI>Name your new Volume as Leopard and format it using Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
<LI>Quit Disk Utility and wait for the Installer to reappear. Follow the prompts then select the drive you have just initialized.
<LI>Choose the 'Customize' option and select/deselect the packages you wish to install. Ensure that you select the appropriate boot loader and that it corresponds with the settings you chose earlier in the partitioner.
<LI>Once you're happy with that press 'OK'.
<LI>Depending on your system speed the install can take anywhere between 30 mins to an hour, so go have a cup of tea or coffee...
<LI>Once installed the system will automatically reboot and take you into the welcome screen and user account setup.
</UL>
After all that you will most likely have small things that may or may not work correctly, so you'll need to search and dig around for information.

Good luck.

ste21280
04-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi all i've tried installing Zepyroth's OS X Leopard 10.5.2 on my PC followed the steps above but just can't install it i tried installing in without any thing checked and it reboots then doesn't go past were its looking for the CD-ROM at first then Hard Disk Second just stops and blinks at me, I've installed with the GUID format and boot loader the same thing happens and ive installed with the windows format and bootloader and that goes to a point near the end of installing and stops but wen reboot without the dvd i can load into the first part on Leopard then a little symbol comes up over the apple like a no smoking sign without the cig like no entry. Any Ideas???

ste21280
04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I've got the bootloader working now but when the computer restarts it comes up to the startup options i press enter and type in -v it starts up then in the process it stops and tells me that its "still waiting for device" could anyone give me any ideas that i could get round this.

R0GUE
04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
ste21280:I've got the bootloader working now but when the computer restarts it comes up to the startup options i press enter and type in -v it starts up then in the process it stops and tells me that its "still waiting for device" could anyone give me any ideas that i could get round this.
Its a common problem that can (sometimes) be resolved with a little patience.

Read this (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Still_waiting_for_root_device) and this (http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc10).

ste21280
04-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi i can't implement theses changes as i can't boot into leopard is there another way round it if i can boot off the DVD and have the downloaded AppleNforceATA.kext on a usb stick

R0GUE
04-09-2008, 05:44 PM
If you have Windows installed you can download and install either Transmac or Macdrive to easily perform that task. Alternatively you can put it on a USB stick and boot from the DVD, fire up terminal, cd to the stick then copy the file to /volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/ then reboot using -v -f

ste21280
04-09-2008, 06:15 PM
how do i cd to the stick and copy from the stick if i called the stick patcher and do you know of a working kext to work with my nForce4

R0GUE
04-09-2008, 06:27 PM
you type in:
cd /volumes
ls (to see your devices)
cd /your_usb_device/
ls (to view the contents)
cp /volumes/your_usb_device/AppleNForceATA.kext/ /volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/
Reboot with -v -f

ste21280
04-09-2008, 06:33 PM
could you tell me were i can download AppleNForceATA.kext that will work with the nForce4 on my Shuttle SN25P

R0GUE
04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Search for medevil's nforce kext over on insanelymac...

ste21280
04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Excellent will give it ago now hopefully i will get into Leopard then

ste21280
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I get this when i enter above -bash: cd: /PATCHER/: No such file or directory

ste21280
04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I can c it when i type cd /Volumes

R0GUE
04-09-2008, 07:09 PM
cd /volumes/PATCHER

ste21280
04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
hi sorry bout this but my hard drive went down yesterday now im tryin to use a Maxtor Diamond Plus 80GB but wen i have it connected in by pc boot from the cd press f8 and goes throught the motions n stops still wait for root device how do i patch .iso with new .kext file

ste21280
04-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Success Ive done it do you know how i can get my wireless working with a Linksys WUSB54GS Version 2.1

R0GUE
04-11-2008, 01:59 AM
Hey thats fantastic news! I'm afraid I can't help you with your Linksys - you'll have to ask in the forums or do some digging around.

jizzle
04-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum, glad i made it here. ok enough talking:P, i'm going to buy the sapphire radeon x1650PRO 512MB, and i'll be installing Zephy's 10.5.2 Rev. 2 on my 4200+. I don't know much about mac's yet, i read through forums and found out that this Vid card would work, but i would have to do a graphics update or something and i have no clue how to do that:(, can anyone help me here plz. what kext or installer i would have to use to make this card work for my leo.
This is the card i'm gonna buy:-
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=206487061&loc=101

plz tell me that i'm not wasting my money :P, THANX

Note:- i asked this question in some other thread also (x1650 problems), but noone answered my question :(, hopefully someone can answer this time, Thanx:)

roisoft
04-14-2008, 01:51 PM
x1650 works but you will have to work a little with it...in my opinion Nvidia Cards like 7300-7600 have a great performance and they are easier to install in leopard

milanca
04-19-2008, 05:05 PM
I agree with roisoft. I think that buying any v.card that's originally installed into mac-pro will work just great. With the amount of money you planned to go with, as roisoft told you, you can buy nvidia 7300; with maybe 20-30 more you can go with 7600gt or maybe ati hd 2600xt.

elicip
04-19-2008, 05:58 PM
when i loggin the msn,it told me my password was incurrent or the usrename is not exist..but i can loggin the msn in my friend's macintosh!If it is the hackintosh's problem?

http://img.skitch.com/20080418-thgu4ma5ium5k7h4b11dbjxgx4.preview.jpg

Ianxxx
04-20-2008, 10:12 PM
elicip:when i loggin the msn,it told me my password was incurrent or the usrename is not exist..but i can loggin the msn in my friend's macintosh!If it is the hackintosh's problem?

http://img.skitch.com/20080418-thgu4ma5ium5k7h4b11dbjxgx4.preview.jpg

I think this is a network problem I had it but did a different install and it worked fine, what network card are you using?

elicip
04-21-2008, 08:58 AM
my network card is Realtek RTL8111B.

delian7
04-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi,
Is my sound card compatible with OSX leopard? My sound card is Realtek High Def. Audio with device instance path: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2A61&REV_1001\4&333E7B7D&0&0001 ... IDK if that helps anyone, but someone said that this is an ALC0888. It has 6 ports (center/sub, front, back, microphone, line in, side) I've tried everything but I couldn't configure. Oh also its an internally built in my motherboard, its not something I added on later.

If you want more info: this is my computer's hp page: <a href="http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3440614&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us">Link</a>

Ianxxx
04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
elicip:my network card is Realtek RTL8111B.
So is mine, try this IONetworking kext it works for me
http://www.86.talktalk.net/IONetworkingFamily.7z

elicip
04-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Ianxxx: elicip:my network card is Realtek RTL8111B.
So is mine, try this IONetworking kext it works for me
http://www.86.talktalk.net/IONetworkingFamily.7z

when u update the IONetworkingFamily.kext,you can login in the msn message in ur Zephyroth Leopard AMD 10.5.2 Rev.2 ? but i still can not login in the msn message when i update your IONetworkingFamily.kext,it is a pity !

Ianxxx
04-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Sorry its the only solution I have, you could try looking around for other drivers. I think there are one or two floating around. other than that I think the only alternative is use a pci lan card

elicip
04-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Maybe the IOnetworkIngfamily.kext in kalyway or Leo4all can solve this problem,who can offer me?

saltwaterfishlover
04-28-2008, 12:33 AM
well I cant seam to find my problem or issue so here it is
I have an acer aspire 5100. I did my best to follow the instructions for Zephyroth Leopard AMD 10.5.2 and tripple boot
when I installed leopard all was fine other than need tweeking for everything to work right. went on to install Vista
it installed well but no dual boot. and yes did both MBR for osx. I figured well maybe ubuntu might find it so installed that. I now have a dual boot vista/lynux system and if I put the dvd in I can sometimes get to Leopard.
any ideas or hints to resolve my stupidity or mistake..... please dont tell me to reload and try again. vista updates suck
thanks
andy

federicog
05-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm using Zeph's 10.5.2 on AMD, and it's working almost flawlessly. The thing is, after a few hours, os keyboard shortcuts stop responding. Application shortcuts work ok (copy, paste, whatever) but anything system-wise don't (exposé, spaces, dashboard, grab, etc).

I'm using the latest AppleSMBios.kext, Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010) Kernel 9.2.0. Keyboard and Mouse are PS/2 (well, keyboard is actually USB but I'm using an adapter).

Any ideas on why this may be happening? I tried creating a new thread but php barked an error at me :S

WinLinMac01
05-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for reminding me. I need to see if about this mac shows 9C7010 now since I finally updated time machine, lol. =)

Make sure your Keyboard kexts are installed properly.

federicog:I'm using Zeph's 10.5.2 on AMD, and it's working almost flawlessly. The thing is, after a few hours, os keyboard shortcuts stop responding. Application shortcuts work ok (copy, paste, whatever) but anything system-wise don't (exposé, spaces, dashboard, grab, etc).

I'm using the latest AppleSMBios.kext, Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010) Kernel 9.2.0. Keyboard and Mouse are PS/2 (well, keyboard is actually USB but I'm using an adapter).

Any ideas on why this may be happening? I tried creating a new thread but php barked an error at me :S

federicog
05-02-2008, 11:02 PM
WinLinMac01:
Make sure your Keyboard kexts are installed properly.

I'm sorry, which are the kexts I should check? And what should I check? Permissions? (chmod + chown)

Thanks!!

wolvie_rs
05-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Hello people... i'm new here, and i have a question: the Zephyroth works with a Aspire 5040? I ask this because, after download the Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI and try to install in my laptop (Aspire 5040, Turion 2.0Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 80Gb hd), i can select the partition, select the Kernel Roh SS3 (in CPU-Z, appears my CPU support SS3), all the thinks, ok.. but the install time, goes up to 16 hours!!!! Well, after the 16 hours, the install hangs up in 12 minutes.. 15 hours and 48 minutes after.. there is a way to make it more faster or is thi correct? Well, i shutdown the laptop, boot again, without the DVD, using -v option, and appears: Still waiting for root device.. i try to install again now... more 16 hours.... there is something to make work? Work with a Aspire 5040?
Thanks for your help!

wwolters
05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi all you AMD lovers out there,

I installed Kalyways 10.5.2 on a Gigabyte P35 Mainboard with success (and some older Intel Mainboards). Was super stabel and lithning fast;) Recently bought a ECS GeForce6100SM-M2 (V1.0A) AM2 Mainboard to play with Zephyroths 10.5.2 Rev.1. I succeed to install but only the MBR boot Method, also I have some strange USB problems. Onboard NIC won't work. Sound works with Azalia.pkg. Now for my questions:

- has someone allready succeed to install 10.5.2 on this Mainboard?
- wich drivers to select from list (Is the NForce 2/3/4 the right choice)?
- does anyone succeed to get Onboard NIC to work?
- wich Kernel to choose? 9.0.0 will result in both Cores working but also in strange USB Problems. 9.2.0 only shows up 1 CPU?!

Greetings

Wolfgang