PDA

View Full Version : GUID weird Hardware Problem

rumar4u
02-05-2008, 07:40 AM
I've followed Zephyrot's Rev 1 Install since the very first Post in Insanelymac, I have a nForce 4 Ultra 939 AMD x64 4200 with a PCIe NVIDIA 7300 GeForce and everything have managed to work right with all the patches after and a lot of reading

Anyway's recently i Managed to Partition the Disk in 2 (1 for Installation & 1 for Time Machine Backup) and when i Installed Zeph's Leo it Crashed at the middle of the Installation so when i restarted it, a completely different Hardware problem presented, it Stops back at the AMI Bios Boot Options (like dont want to Boot) so after troubleshooting i realized the nForce 4 Ultra Bios didnt want to support a GUID partitioned Disk (strange and weird), so no GUID EFI v8 for me, (had to unplugged it, power up, put None in Disk recognition, shut off, connect it and when it finally boot i had to partition it back to MBR, any help would be appreciate it

My other Problems or Bugs have been

Roxio Toast 8 hangs and dont install
iPhoto 8 crash when import
Time Machine doesnt let me browse back to a specific time date

ive managed to update the Programs and Googled for a while but still no solution if anyone likes to help it'll be gladly appreciated it