PDA

View Full Version : Sound randomly dissappearing

LonelyTV
02-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Everything has been going well with this set up of mine. However, as of late my sound seems to be disappearing. As in, on first boot it works I can listen to music on iTunes or watch a video online and hear it all. Unfortunately, at a random interval all sound output stops. The sound preference panel shows the sound device still working however it outputs Zero sound. I does come back *sometimes* it generally takes a hard reboot for it to come back, logging out doesn't affect it. In my System Profile it doesn't show anything for built in Audio however in the Sound Preference pane it tells me it's a "AC97 Audio (PCM)" which correlates to my hardware correctly.

The board I'm currently using is a "ECS Nforce4M-A (Rev. 3) AM2" with "Realtek ALC655 6-Channel audio (AC'97)" on board. I didn't have to install any KEXT to get it to work, it worked "out-of-the-box".

Any clue what could be causing this?

creative_
02-08-2008, 11:41 PM
I had the same problem with rev1 in rev2 it works.

LonelyTV
02-08-2008, 11:56 PM
creative_:I had the same problem with rev1 in rev2 it works.

Good news. Hopefully Rev. 2 will be released soon.

I did however find that if I listen to something in iTunes and never turn it off my sound will work (only in iTunes) however, if I stop the song and change songs it no longer works.

Elexorien
03-02-2008, 04:19 AM
Can zou post rev. 2 kext please.

Im runnung 10.5.2 here mzself and audio onlz plazs for 1 second then its gone untill reboot.

crawle
03-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Try this kext.

<a href="http://rapidshare.com/files/96400219/AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip"><b>AppleAC97Audio.kext</b>.zip</a>