PDA

View Full Version : Installing with A8N-SLi Deluxe Need Some Help Fresh Start

Almas
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I am trying really hard and long time to get 10.5.1 working lol. I've spent many days working away at this issue with no luck. My specs:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Opteron 180 (SSE3 Compatible)
IDE WD 122GB HD
Nvidia 8800GT BFG

I need some start from scratch advice if anyone else has gotten this to work your step by step help would be SOOO appreciated to my help. Just wanted to note that I am doing IDE ONLY NO WINDOWS at all I'm just trying to get Mac OS X to work right now furthest I've gotten with sooo many different methods of installation is a blinking cursor right after the IRQ Bios screen, a HFS+ partition error, or a b0 error. All errors I've combated with more guides to fixing them still no look a loop of issues for me if anyone can give me a detailed step by step guide they used and their BIOS settings I would be in your debt. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Almas

roisoft
02-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi almas!

Nice to see you here!

Check your PM in InMac. :)

damnesiac
02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I've got nearly the same board as yours, an A8N32-SLI Deluxe and have a X2 3800+ working without any problems on IDE drive.

Firstly make sure you hvae the latest BIOS. Then turn off all the unwanted stuff like sata ports and parallel ports etc that arent being used.

After you install Leo you will need to make the partition active and bootable. There is a guide in the wiki on how to do this. the b0 erro just means you're parition isn;t active. Use a tool like acronis from hirens boot cd or another tool like diskpart in windows to mark the partition active outside of osx. Goodluck.