PDA

View Full Version : Leopard installed but can't actived a HDD ext

pcgame
02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
### Discussion Notice: Do not post into the News Section again, it has been moved!

Hy everyone
I've a little problem.
I installed Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI iso, with driver and run
But if i connect my HDD EXT USB 2.0(this http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=317&language=en) leopard can't actived.
I also tried the IOUSBFamily kext by Puttabpong and Roisoft but nothing

rumar4u
02-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Make sure the Disk is connected to a USB 2.0 port and if it dont work maybe the disk its Bad or failing (I know cause im a Certified Technician) if you cant access the disk at all get a sledgehammer and you know what to do with it :-D

hope it helps

pcgame
02-18-2008, 08:30 PM
The port is 2.0,infact in win xp was found, in leo no.
With the revision 1 was found.
P.S. It's on NTFS

rumar4u
02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Here are some Specs:
NTFS: Windows Only File System which allows you to have Files greater than 4Gb of space (less limits)
Fat32: MS-DOS File System (former Windows Partition) which is more "Universal" or compatible, but can't have files greater than 4Gb of space
HFS+: Mac Only File System which allows you to have any type of file in any time of amount 10, 20, 30 Gb for example (dont have limits)

A good recommendation is if you store .ISO's or .DMG's (DVD Images) in whatever format, put them on a DVD Disc and backup all of your info inside the PC and Format it in /Applications/Utilities DiskUtility into a Fat32 System there you'll have greater compatibility (please dont ask me how to do it) just put you're thinking cap and learn how

pcgame
02-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Unfortunately i have backups of 20 Gb one and fat32 cant write

rumar4u
02-18-2008, 08:55 PM
If you happen to have any "Ubuntu" Linux CD you may actually boot up with the CD (it has a Live CD inside) that it detects everyfile system available,
there you can download all your backup Disk inside the Internal HDD and reboot into Mac so you can go into DiskUtility to see if it detects the USB HDD so you can Format it

pcgame
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Then i format in fat32
thank

mokilok
02-18-2008, 09:31 PM
i have the same problem i think.. , my ext HDD is recognized but .. i can only read ..
i that beacause it is NTFS ?

is NTFS supported by leopard?

pcgame
02-18-2008, 09:43 PM
your disk is recognized but can't write because leopard can only read NTFS.
If you use paragon NTFS leo can write to NTFS
P.S. I have an other HDD usb 2.0 and was recognized but is 3.5"

mokilok
02-18-2008, 10:35 PM
pcgame : tank you, i also figured out that there is an alternative macFuse and NTFS-3G. Thus, paragon NTFS is much more fast but not free