PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite computers and OS's

naquaada
01-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Hello!

Here's again something for small-talk. Everyone in the forum has some kind of computer experience and favours, what are yours? List some computers and OS's with a little description, so that it fits in one line. I'll start.

1st computer experience: Commodore VC-20, 1987
1st own computer: Commodore 64, 1989

Most liked computers:

1. C64. I have extremly high respect for this computer. No other machine has so much flexibility in hardware and programming - with less then 1 MHz.
2. Hackintosh - It's like a Mac, but's much more fun to get it running. Anyone who saw the finder after the first working installation knows what I mean.
3. Amiga. A great computer for old-school games, but outdated for actual use. Let's see what OS4 brings.

Favourite operating systems:

1. MacOS X. It's the best operating system you can get these days.
2. GEOS 64/128 - because it's extremely well programmed - an graphical OS in the style of MacOS Classic in just 23 Kbytes.
3. AmigaOS - The genial multitasking and the perfect integration of the powerful AmigaDOS plus ARexx is unbeatable.
4. C64 Basic V2 - because its minimalism. You must have rather good knowlege of the computer before you can use it for real purposes.

These were mine, now it's your turn.

DoiX
01-12-2008, 05:09 AM
I only have experience with PCs :)

Favourite OS:
-OpenSuSe
-Ubuntu 7.0+
-Windows XP rocks =))
-Mac OS X Tiger+

ShadeZeRO
01-12-2008, 05:48 AM
My first Athlon64:
Amd64 3400+ Socket 754...oh yeah, it was the greatest lol.

WindowsXP FTW. Im'a gamer.

HIRus
01-24-2008, 05:14 AM
1st computer experience: BIG COMPUTER ES-1840.
1st own computer: ZX Spectrum (collected itself).

The Loved operating systems:

1. Mac OS X. This - a best operating system, what I know, (began with systems 6).
2. Windows Vista - Drolly, always there is on than think... :)