PDA

View Full Version : How can I: restore a snowleopard image (installed on mac) to my pc?

XphX
08-11-2009, 05:43 PM
hey there,
I just finished downloading a 5.6GB .dmg image file. If you restore the image to an empty partition on a mac, everything works perfect. But how do I restore the image to an harddrive on my computer?

That's what I am gonna try in a few minutes:
First, I'll boot a OSX install DVD and restore the image to my empty IDE harddrive. Then I'll copy the dsmos.kext and Disabler.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ like described in the tutorial (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-install-snow-leopard-on-a-pc-t3137/).

With the iAktos DVD, I can install a bootmanager too, otherwise the restored image won't be recognized of course.

I think I need to install the 2 kext's, how can I avoid installing them properly? I could start the iAtkos DVD again and "repair" the disc permissions. But this is a 10.5.7 install DVD, so is this gonna repair permissions for Snow Leopard too?

Thanks in advance
XphX

tham50
08-11-2009, 09:30 PM
so is this gonna repair permissions for Snow Leopard too?

absolutely not. 10.5 does not have a catalogue for 10.6 so it would rather cripple 10.6 than doing anything good.
why do you wanna repair permissions?

if you installed kexts from somewhere else just boot with any osx dvd, open the terminal and correct the permissions.