PDA

View Full Version : mDNSResponder Error

whelmond
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
HI Everyone,

I'm busy installing Leopard on my Laptop (see below for specs). I currently have 10.5.1 installed with the EFI and I ran the 10.5.2 update from eddie11c.

Laptop model: Arima W830DA
Processor: AMD Turion64 ML-44
RAM: 2x 1GB DDR400
HD: 120GB Hitachi S-ATA
Chipset: nForce 4 (SLI)
Video: 2x nVidia GeForceGo 7800 256MB
WLAN Network (built-in): INPROCOMM wireless (Vista sees it as: Wireless CB54G3/MP54G3 Wireless LAN Card)
WLAN Network (USB): ZyDas ZD1211 WLAN
LAN Ethernet: Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-e Gigabit ethernet
Bluetooth: Broadcom 2045 (WORKS)

First let me explain what I am doing: I have installed 10.5.1 and the update to 10.5.2. My videocards don't work so I had to remove all NV and Geforce kext files. Other than that Leopard seems to be working fine. Then I installed the drivers for the ZyDas WLAN (4.5.9 i believe) and it works! I also installed the nVidia drivers using the universal installer package. But after rebooting 2 or 3 times, upon loading it keeps on looping in the same error:
something like "mDNSResponder[xx] Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” instead.." and some other errors.. like "Mach communication failed (ipc/send)"

I already disabled the onboard WLAN (INPROCOMM)... but I can't get it to work.. Also when I boot with -x nothing happens..

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks!!

(BTW: My GeForces don't work, my onboad LAN isn't recognised, as well as my CPU and Audio)

CmdCOM
02-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Got the same error on a fresh installation

Processor: AMD Opteron 180
RAM: 2x 1GB DDR400
MB: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D nforce4
HD: 80GB IBM
Chipset: nForce 4
Video: 1x nVidia GeForce 8800GT
LAN Ethernet: Marvell Yukon ...

zephyroth
02-19-2008, 11:21 PM
I have this error too but my system boots fine so your problem is prolly not related to these messages. But I may be wrong ...

whelmond
02-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Well, I think you're right... Not all the time this error message loops.. I tried to start it 5 minutes ago and I saw a blue screen with a working mouse cursor (for about 2 seconds) and then I saw something like "Crash Report" and it keeps looping between this report and the blue screen (BTW, not the famous Microsoft blue screen)..

By the way.. for everyone who gets this error message try the following:

boot with -s
mount -uw /
mv /System/LaunchDaemons/mDNSResponder* /

(i believe.... i'll check in a minute)
This worked for me.. at least.. for the looping of the mDNSResponder error...

@Zephyroth: I too got this message earlier with other installs, but it didn't loop through this message.. Now it does.. what could this mean??

eddie11c
02-20-2008, 01:03 AM
try booting with -x and see if you get any further.