PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown/Restart Hang

BeSweeet
08-23-2009, 08:25 PM
When I shutdown/restart, it just hangs there for a minute and then boots. I think this is related to a USBEHCI problem. I remember seeing once (don't remember where I saw it though) that it said that reboot was waiting on something USB related.

omargoa
08-24-2009, 02:05 AM
same problem for me

i have in my EXTRA folder these kext :
PlatformUUID.kext
OpenHaltRestard.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
fakesmc.kext
AD1988b.fix.kext

i have to wait for a minute every restart or shutdown

Motherboard : P5E

hope someone have solution to fix it

DocShadow
08-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Try installing both ...SleepEnabler + NullCPUPowerManagement .... both are needed for the system to sleep and wake.

BeSweeet
08-24-2009, 02:35 AM
We aren't talking about sleep...

DocShadow
08-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Opps ... sorry ... not enough sleep. :D

ariadri
08-24-2009, 03:12 AM
When I shutdown/restart, it just hangs there for a minute and then boots. I think this is related to a USBEHCI problem. I remember seeing once (don't remember where I saw it though) that it said that reboot was waiting on something USB related.

like alway netkas has a fix a new fakesmc
it just might work
goto his website good luck

BeSweeet
08-24-2009, 03:33 AM
=P

If it weren't for this, the DVD problem, and wifi, everything would be perfect. None of it is really a big deal...

I'm already using his latest fakesmc.

It's due to some USBEHCI thing. It said that restart/shutdown was still waiting on USBEHCI or something like that.

Snow
08-24-2009, 06:52 AM
SleepEnabler should fix Sleep

OpenHaltRestart should fix Restart & Shutdown

DSDT should fix various compability issues

NullCPUPowerManagement disables IntelCPUPowerManagement

so make sure all four are properly installed and running

omargoa
08-24-2009, 07:03 AM
I tested all these kext but no quick restart
i patched the usb devices in dsdt to got sleep working and it work without sleepenabler,
but no solution for the long time restart

macxuser33
08-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Exact same prob here too , other than that its running great quite snappy too

BeSweeet
08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm already using those kexts.

BeSweeet
08-28-2009, 05:05 AM
Ok. If I boot in 64-bit mode (-x64 -v), I won't get Qe/CI, which will not turn my screen off when shutting down/restarting, so I can see any sort of messages.

Here's what it said:
PowerOff: still waiting on AppleUSBUHCI

Any ideas? I may try repatching the DSDT and doing the CMOS fix to see if this will help.

Dojomann
08-29-2009, 10:10 AM
This is an issue that's plaguing me too ... (asus p6t deluxe v2) I'd like to just confirm that mine is the same reason for it..

how would I go about checking my logs that are created at the time of shutdown if there are any?

omargoa
08-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi
Is there a dsdt patch fix to get the shutdown/reboot work without the OpenHaltRestard.kext ?
maybe it can solve the problem ?

i have already patched usb devices in my dsdt, so i don't think the problem is the AppleUSBUHCI on my install

BeSweeet
08-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah, but I don't think a DSDT can fix that.

brlock
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Here's what it said:
PowerOff: still waiting on AppleUSBUHCIAny ideas? I may try repatching the DSDT and doing the CMOS fix to see if this will help.

I get the same error. honestly i assumed it was a crash until i read your post, I disabled the graphics detection and, for once, waited and there was the message. It happens 90% of the times, I still have not figured out what do I do different on the other 10%. I already tried to enable the USBFix from chameleon with no success.

I am running 10.6.1 with only fakesmc and voodooHDA. No DSDT.aml. The system is much more stable without it. Absolutely rock solid actually, this is the only glitch.

I have an ASRock P45XE with ICH10.

Anybody figured what is wrong with it or even better a fix?

EDIT : I also forgot to mention that I also tried Openhaltrestart.kext with no changes

kpkp
09-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I dont have this problem on my ASUS P5K-E Wi-Fi (had it in leopard), i have:
SleepEnabler.kext
fakesmc.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
AD1988bFix.kext
and dsdt.aml patched as written in the P5K-E WI-FI thread..and my Jmicron controller disabled.
Actually Snow Leopard shutdowns and restarts are amazing fast way faster then Windows 7.

However i have the same issue on the MSI P43 Neo-f and also sleep and shutdown problems :S

brlock
09-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Any of you has arrived to some conclusion regarding this issue?

Cheers

thorazine74
09-28-2009, 01:49 PM
In my system that happens when I have Legacy USB support turned on in the BIOS, though it just sits there for 1-2 mins before eventually restarting. If I disable that I get perfect restart and shutdown (Intel ICH10 USB).

brlock
09-28-2009, 06:58 PM
In my system that happens when I have Legacy USB support turned on in the BIOS, though it just sits there for 1-2 mins before eventually restarting. If I disable that I get perfect restart and shutdown (Intel ICH10 USB).

i tried to turn on "BIOS setup only" but that did not make a difference. it is rather silly, but i can't put it in disabled because i do not have a PS2 keyboard to turn it back on.

Thank you for the suggestion. The weird thing is that it is not always. I already disconnected all the USB devices other than the keyboard and the mouse with no difference.

Cheers for the suggestion though

thorazine74
09-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Good point! You would be locked out of your own BIOS...
You could try using Chameleon's USB reset options, they didnt work as expected for me though (with a NVIDIA board, EHCI reset worked but UHCI didnt...).

thorazine74
09-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Good point! You would be locked out of your own BIOS...
You could try using Chameleon's USB reset options, they didnt work as expected for me though (with a NVIDIA board, EHCI reset worked but UHCI not...).