PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone have any luck with a P35C-DS3R?

daulex
08-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Hey,

I tried installing it yesterday, got a whole bunch of errors and ended up jumping back onto 10.5.8 cause I needed the computer.

So I'm curious, is there anyone out there with the same mobo as me, who has installed Snow Leo successfully and is enjoying the 64bit goodness. If there are, any hints (dsdts,kexts or whatever you used), that you wanna share?

Thanks for your time and hope this won't be considered spam by the admins.

wwbsox
08-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Have successfully installed on ep35-ds3p, not the same but close. Using dsdt for cmos reset fix and hdef audio (no audio kexts needed). Using Chameleon2 rc341 with netkas pc_efi 10.1 for bootloader. Kexts in /Extra are netkas' fakesmc (instead of dsmos), nullCPUPManagement, openhaltrestart, platformUUID (edited with snow partitions UUID) and sleep enabler (all 64 bit kexts). Boot.plist in /Extra with graphics and TM strings in device properties. Also in /Extra is the smbios.plist edited with UUID from snow partition.

You have to boot in safe mode -x and repair permissions and rebuild mkext of S/L/E and /Extra/Extensions (use kext utility) or you will get kernel panics very soon after getting to desktop. Guide here works, projectsnow.net is another good place.

Snow Leopard is available at apple.com for delivery on August 28. Support apple and buy this great operating system.

STLVNUB
08-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Working 100% here.
edit:
SAVE YOUR DOUGH
Try this
Sound/Video/RTC_Fix etc.Extension.mkext included.
Just need to edit dsdt.aml and change 9800 gt to YOUR card.

YOU WILL work 100%

daulex
08-25-2009, 08:09 AM
sweet, thanks for the info wwbsox, could you share the dsdt file (if it's a file)?

I'm definitely going to order it now.

btw, you mentioned something about booting in -x, do you have to do it every single time?

wwbsox
08-25-2009, 01:03 PM
No, I only had to boot in safe mode once. This prevents the quick kernel panics after you get to the desktop. That way you have time to repair permissions and rebuild mkext. Then reboot normally in 64 bit.

I will try to send you my dsdt.aml tonight when i get home from work.

@everyone. If you like this OS, support Apple and buy it!

daulex
08-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Working 100% here.
edit:
SAVE YOUR DOUGH
Try this
Sound/Video/RTC_Fix etc.Extension.mkext included.
Just need to edit dsdt.aml and change 9800 gt to YOUR card.

YOU WILL work 100%

nice mate, I've never edited the dsdt.aml file, do you simply do it with a basic text editor?

and do I simply change the name of the card?

Your one says 9800 gt, do I simply rename it to 8600 gt, does the amount of ram built into the card matter (I've got 1gb).

STLVNUB
08-26-2009, 12:59 AM
nice mate, I've never edited the dsdt.aml file, do you simply do it with a basic text editor?

and do I simply change the name of the card?

Your one says 9800 gt, do I simply rename it to 8600 gt, does the amount of ram built into the card matter (I've got 1gb).
Use the attached dsdt.aml, its in the Sessions Folder.
Included the source file dsdt.dsl as well as iaslme.app if you need to make any other changes.
Enjoy your Snow

daulex
08-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Just ordered it, cant wait for it to come.

Thank you so much.