PDA

View Full Version : How to force the EFI calculated FSB value?

NIXin
08-24-2009, 02:13 AM
Hi all,
This was also a problem on 10.5.7 - my FSB value calculated by EFI is wrong. How can I force it to send a correct value?
Because of this, VoodooPower also calculates wrong P-states.
Tried injecting FSB into smbios.plist but that doesn't do anything, unfortunately.

What's strange, is that right now it says my Bus Speed is 13GHz and Rated FSB is 55GHz (while the multiplier is 0.0x).
But the clock is working correctly.

I have no clue how to force the correct value for FSB, which is 200MHz.

SA22C
08-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Hi all,
This was also a problem on 10.5.7 - my FSB value calculated by EFI is wrong. How can I force it to send a correct value?
Because of this, VoodooPower also calculates wrong P-states.
Tried injecting FSB into smbios.plist but that doesn't do anything, unfortunately.

What's strange, is that right now it says my Bus Speed is 13GHz and Rated FSB is 55GHz (while the multiplier is 0.0x).
But the clock is working correctly.

I have no clue how to force the correct value for FSB, which is 200MHz.

Check this link out for tips on custom smbios.plist settings.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=166078&view=findpost&p=1156867

The key you're looking for is SMexternalclock.

NIXin
08-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Check this link out for tips on custom smbios.plist settings.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=166078&view=findpost&p=1156867

The key you're looking for is SMexternalclock.
Unfortunately this is not doing anything for me, as I already said in my original post
"Tried injecting FSB into smbios.plist but that doesn't do anything, unfortunately."I don't know WHY this value doesn't change anything. Also, this only changes the SMBIOS value, not the EFI calculated one.

SA22C
08-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Hooray for reading comprehension. :confused:

The last time I had weird fsb values using VoodooPower was back in the days before SMBIOS patching via the bootloader. I found that moving the .kext to S/L/E fixed the issue.

That's probably not going to help, but it's all I've got. Sorry.

NIXin
08-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Well, thanks for trying anyway :)
With VoodooPower I get bad P-states (because of the bad FSB, I guess) and that gives me max ~1400 MHz, instead of 1600GHz which I get without VoodooPower (which is also correct).
Anyway, it's strange.

martin255
01-08-2010, 04:48 PM
I have the exact same problem with 10.6.2.

My CPU (Core Duo) is detected correctly, but the FSB is not. I have the same values as described in the first post.

Did you find a solution, NIXin ?

NIXin
01-08-2010, 11:42 PM
I have the exact same problem with 10.6.2.

My CPU (Core Duo) is detected correctly, but the FSB is not. I have the same values as described in the first post.

Did you find a solution, NIXin ?

No, I still don't have any clue at all. On top of that I don't have time to fiddle around with my hackintosh so my work on it is currently stopped.