PDA

View Full Version : Some questions before installation (dsdt.aml)

blink41
08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey everybody !
I just got snow leopard and want to install it. However, I got some questions, I tried to search but everything is a little bit confusing... Well, here we go :

A member of this board kindly posted his dsdt.aml (I got a p31-ds3l, like him, the difference is that we don't have the same grahic card - I got a 7300GT whereas he's got a 8800GT). My first question is : will this dsdt.aml work, or will I be able to install my graphic card after ?

I got a fully working system right now (windows xp and 7RC), I don't care about 7 as I will reinstall it soon. The main problem is that i used easybcd for dualbooting. Also, when I had leopard working, easybcd worked really well... Will I have to choose chameleon bootloader or will I still be able to use easybcd ?

I read that our snow leopard boot by default in 64-bit mode, but I got a soundcard (esi juli@) and I think the kexts are 32-bit, will it work ?

Well... That's all I can remember for now. Thanks in advance to anyone who'll be able to help !!!

ps : I posted this thread on another board, but no one answered, I can't blame them since I know these questions aren't so clear, but if you want more infromation I'm there !

mormegil
08-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Create your own dsdt. Download iasl (http://www.acpica.org/download/iasl-win-20090730.zip) for windows and run "iasl -g" to dump your acpi tables. There will be a dsdt.dsl file among them. Then use ACPI Patcher (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142434) to patch it for your Gfx/Sound/Ethernet if they are supported.

Easybcd works fine. If you install SL on another drive or partition, it will be automatically detected and whatever bootloader you have for SL will be booted from your windows bootloader.

If can't use AppleHDA for your sound and the only driver for it is 32bit, you'll have to run in 32bit mode using -x32 flag during boot.

blink41
08-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Thank you very much for your answer mormegil, I will try this today, maybe !