PDA

View Full Version : Trying to run snow leopard on an snow leopard on asus IPIBL-LA (hp desktop

igotjshoe
08-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Everytime i installed it i get kernal panic off the jump i had no problem running leopard flawless so if anyone can help thanks

holyrampage
08-29-2009, 03:52 PM
You are going to need to patch your own DSDT.aml with pcwiz GUI DSDT patcher... and once you get a DSDT.aml, go to your leopard partition, and put it to the root of your Snow Leopard Partition. And make sure you replace the boot file and are using Chameleon RC1 with a snow leopard compatable boot file. once you are in..... do not boot with -f. That should work, or at least it did on my IPIBL-LA.

igotjshoe
08-30-2009, 10:48 PM
i did the dsdt.aml i installed the chameleon rc1 but when it boots the grey apple comes up but just sits there

holyrampage
08-30-2009, 11:31 PM
You need to replace the boot file... use the show/hide app and then get one that shouldve came with a snow leopard ready dmg.... its a hidden file in the same directory you shouldve put your dsdt.aml.

if you already did that boot with -v and tell me what it says

igotjshoe
08-31-2009, 01:33 AM
i install this other boot loader it boots into sl but about 10sec into it i get kernal panic