PDA

View Full Version : number of cores

shitan
02-20-2008, 08:31 AM
I installed Zephyroth 10.5.1 (i know 10.5.2 is out and better, but i can't resolve to spend the time reinstalling everything when my current installation is running great). I even upgraded manually to 10.5.2.

I have an AMD XP3800+ or something like that (maybe 4000? I don't remember). All i know is : it has two cores.
Somehow, the system profiler tells me i have only one core. The computer runs great, but I was wondering: is it the same for everyone? or is it just me? :)
My mobo is A8N32SLI del.

Err, also. it is not super stable. quite decently stable, but once in a while (say after 10 hours of use), finder goes crazy and refuses to launch anything.
error -10080, or something like that.

is it a known problem by any chance??

WinLinMac01
02-20-2008, 08:49 AM
there are other people that have reported this problem too. Guess you don't really have anything to worry about. It is definite that the O/S is running in 2 cores instead of one since others have confirmed that as well. Try to see if 10.5.2 Zephyroth Release will detect the other core in the profile even though it does.

shitan:I installed Zephyroth 10.5.1 (i know 10.5.2 is out and better, but i can't resolve to spend the time reinstalling everything when my current installation is running great). I even upgraded manually to 10.5.2.

I have an AMD XP3800+ or something like that (maybe 4000? I don't remember). All i know is : it has two cores.
Somehow, the system profiler tells me i have only one core. The computer runs great, but I was wondering: is it the same for everyone? or is it just me? :)
My mobo is A8N32SLI del.

Err, also. it is not super stable. quite decently stable, but once in a while (say after 10 hours of use), finder goes crazy and refuses to launch anything.
error -10080, or something like that.

is it a known problem by any chance??