PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard PC+ Netflix = DRM Error

x986123
08-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Does anyone have a fix for snow leopard that could fix the silverlight DRM issue experienced while streaming from Netflix instant view?

airwalk776
09-01-2009, 04:04 PM
have the same issue, when I was running 10.5.6 then I did the combo update to 10.5.7 and the problem when away.

now I updated to 10.6 and its back again

Ali C.
09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
AFAIK Netflix's instant viewing feature only works in Windows.
But I could be wrong.

scorcho
09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Netflix works with Snow Leopard, but you have to make sure your ethernet adapter is flagged as 'built-in' either through your DSDT or EFI string. I believe it also needs to be seen as (en0) as well.

x986123
09-03-2009, 12:08 AM
How would you flag it as Built-in? Could you please explain now?

scorcho
09-04-2009, 04:27 PM
sure - try this - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t114349.html

airwalk776
09-05-2009, 02:03 AM
scorcho...ok so I added the lan code into pex2 for my motherboard (EVGA x58) then dsdt.dsl recompiled, placed the dsdt.aml in root dir. Still no go with the netflix. Then I noticed that my two ethernet adapters are EN1 and EN2, while my airport (which is recognized out of the box no extra kexts needed) is EN0. Figured worth a shot disabled both ethernet adapters and fired up the airport EN0 and still no go with the netflix. Same old DRM error.

Is there a why to change my ethernet interface from EN1 to EN0?

x986123
09-05-2009, 02:38 AM
I have all the same issues as Airwalk

ariadri
09-06-2009, 01:57 AM
sure - try this - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t114349.html

thanks for the link :)
as by following pcwiz's instruction I was caught up with some errors (don't know maybe my typing who knows) anyway I decided to use the efistudio for this and guess what (Y) instant success. I only had one issue which was I was using my video string also on my boot.plist and couldn't use both strings seperately. but by combining my video and ethernet hex in efistudio gave me one complete hex for both which worked beautifully

airwalk776
09-06-2009, 02:37 AM
I did the same with efistudio but didnt find it to work. I'll give it another shot

just so I understand the steps correctly I should:

run efistudio
add device graphics (for me 9800 GTX+)
then add ethernet
take the combined hex code and add it to my com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra

with this method did you edit your dsdt for LAN0?

ariadri
09-06-2009, 03:02 AM
I did the same with efistudio but didnt find it to work. I'll give it another shot

just so I understand the steps correctly I should:

run efistudio
add device graphics (for me 9800 GTX+)
then add ethernet
take the combined hex code and add it to my com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra

exactly

with this method did you edit your dsdt for LAN0?

no i didn't edit m dsdt for the reason my ethernet was built-in and was en0 to begin with but i still was getting that drm error

airwalk776
09-07-2009, 07:35 PM
hello all

still no go

the the string generation using efistudio and put it in to com.apple.boot.plist and still get the same DRM error.

uploaded a screen shot of my network section in profiler. any input would be appreciated.

thanks

rappinkapc
09-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Hi Airwalk,
I had a similar situation, where my two LAN ports were recognized as en1 and en2 (no en0), so I was having trouble getting things to work also. However, I don't have a wireless card... so I'm not sure if this will help you, but...

In order to get one of my LAN ports recognized as en0, I backed up and deleted these files:
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

Then I rebooted with an ethernet cable plugged in to the port I wanted to use... and it was recognized as en0!
Finally, I added ethernet to my EFI string, following the directions above, rebooted again, and
Netflix works!
Thanks everyone.

airwalk776
09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Interesting....I'll give it a go tonight

thanks for the idea.

airwalk776
09-14-2009, 05:37 PM
you guys are the best!!!!

I got it to work. So this is what was done to correct the issue.

rappinkapc

Like you instructed I deleted the files :

I also removed the wireless card to remove and differences.

I was then able to get my ethernet ports so show as en0 and en1
I added the strings using efi studio as mentioned above.

and netflix watch now works without any DRM errors.

Then I shutdown and installed my airport card again and it assumed the name en2 and netflix still works

thanks all for the help

Naren

scorcho
09-15-2009, 06:41 AM
glad you guys got this to work!

ibruno
02-24-2010, 02:45 AM
you guys are the best!!!!

I got it to work. So this is what was done to correct the issue.

rappinkapc

Like you instructed I deleted the files :

I also removed the wireless card to remove and differences.

I was then able to get my ethernet ports so show as en0 and en1
I added the strings using efi studio as mentioned above.

and netflix watch now works without any DRM errors.

Then I shutdown and installed my airport card again and it assumed the name en2 and netflix still works

thanks all for the help

Naren

Thanks for posting your steps! However, I followed the instructions and still can't get Netflix to work. Could you post your com.apple.boot.plist so that I can see where I went wrong?

I used EFI Studio 1.1.

Thanks,

Bruno

ibruno
02-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks for posting your steps! However, I followed the instructions and still can't get Netflix to work. Could you post your com.apple.boot.plist so that I can see where I went wrong?

I used EFI Studio 1.1.

Thanks,

Bruno

Nevermind, it does work; I had been booting off the wrong disk. Thanks again for the fix,

Bruno

osxothez
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM
I have an Acer Aspire One D-250 with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and I was also getting the DRM 8152 error. I think the main cause was that I have no working ethernet on board and there is no fix for it, so there was no way to set en0 to a built in ethernet setting. The way I got around this was to trick Netflix into thinking I was visiting with a regular PC instead of a hackintosh. I did this by simply changing my browser's User Agent. If your using Safari go here http://www.onedigitallife.com/2005/08/03/changing-safaris-user-agent/
follow the instructions and under the develop menu item chose Firefox 3.53 window's version. If your using firefox mac version go here http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/
follow the instructions and install a User Agent xml file so you can access a list of User Agents and then they will be come available to chose from under the Tools menu item. Once you are able to mask your browser's true identity you should be able to fool Netflix into thinking your just regular PC and it will play movies instantly now. Don't forget to install Silverlight first and foremost.

monkey39
01-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Does anyone have a fix for snow leopard that could fix the silverlight DRM issue experienced while streaming from Netflix instant view?

Try this Click Go - Computer - McIntosh Hd - Library - Application Support - Microsoft - Playready - move mspr.hds to trash