PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard on P5K

imacosx
09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, I've seen many guides to put retail snow leopard working on P5K but none worked for me, so I got another way.

Here it is:

1. Download SnowOSX v1.5 (google is your friend, SnowOSX is a distro like iDeneb and iATKOS)

2. While downloading SnowOSX, lets prepare the additional files we need. Download this (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uemny2oy3d1) archive and extract it to a folder inside a pen drive or external hard disk.

3. When SnowOSX download is done, burn it to a DVD (single layer is fine).

4. Boot from the DVD.

5. Open disk utility and format your desired hard drive. Also, you can't have other systems installed on that hard drive, only Snow Leopard because if you have, it will not work. Choose GUID when partitioning. You can use MBR too, but I didn't tested if this works with it so GUID is preferrable.

6. Close Disk Utility and open Terminal. Write:
cd /
sh MakeDSDT SnowLeopardPartitionName

When it asks to press any key, press enter (I don't know if it was a problem of my pc but only enter skipped that)

Then, when it asks for Darwin, Windows, etc. Write 0 and press enter. (it chooses Darwin).

7. Now you are done to start the install. Install Snow Leopard on the desired partition and leave all the default selections (don't click Customize, just Install).

8. It will take some time, after its done reboot.

9. Now, let Snow Leopard start and.... Kernel Panic!!! Its easy to fix, don't worry.

10. Insert your pendrive/external hard disk, boot from SnowOSX DVD again and open terminal. Write:
cd /Volumes/PenDriveName/FolderWhereYouPutTheKexts
cp -R * /Volumes/SnowPartition/System/Library/Extensions/
diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/SnowPartition/System/Library/Extensions

11. Reboot. When you come to the Snow Leopard bootloader press F8, write -v and start.

12. Enjoy Snow Leopard :P Now you only need to set EFI strings for your graphic card and its fully functional.

Note: You only need to start with -v the first time.

Trograin
09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
If you are not using any ata drives at all the jmicron kexts are not needed. Actually I never used Jmicron at all when I was still using an IDE drive fro my old dvd burner and old HD. Used another drive though. Still if ya are only using sata straight through the jmicron feels a bit to much, but I will try your method in a day though and crossing me fingers ( have 64 bits kext for me graphic card and sound card allready so I should be prepared :D

imacosx
09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
If you are not using any ata drives at all the jmicron kexts are not needed. Actually I never used Jmicron at all when I was still using an IDE drive fro my old dvd burner and old HD. Used another drive though. Still if ya are only using sata straight through the jmicron feels a bit to much, but I will try your method in a day though and crossing me fingers ( have 64 bits kext for me graphic card and sound card allready so I should be prepared :D

:) Yeah, I forgot about that :P Good luck when you try it :)

It should work without big problems :P

EDIT: Duh, my new signature isn't working yet :(

EDIT 2: It's working now :P Bad quality but now it works.

ivv909
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I have only one HD wich has partition with Leopard 10.5.8 with Boot 132 and Chameleon for HDDrivers (this one is without graphic interface), and another partition wich I just installed a Snow Leopard from SnowOSX, I already patch DSDT, but when I'm trying to boot Snow Leopard with choosing that partition, nothing happend. The cursors spin for a wile and black screen.

What I did wrong

imacosx
09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
That happened to me the first time... I needed to install the bootloader manually into my leopard partition by going to /Volumes/SnowOSX/System/Installation/Packages (I think its this, i dont remember very well). After that SnowOSX booted but Leopard stopped to boot :S

So I did a fresh install of SnowOSX without leopard, because I knew Snow Leopard worked :P

apex
09-03-2009, 09:39 PM
thanks for the great tutor, i got this SnowOSX disc, i know they excluded all the languages except english and Russian.. if i need to view other text encode on safari or type out other languages.. will it show? i got the same mobo as yours, i really want to try out this install ,thx for your great help :) sorry for the broken english. :p

ivv909
09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
That happened to me the first time... I needed to install the bootloader manually into my leopard partition by going to /Volumes/SnowOSX/System/Installation/Packages (I think its this, i dont remember very well). After that SnowOSX booted but Leopard stopped to boot :S

So I did a fresh install of SnowOSX without leopard, because I knew Snow Leopard worked :P

I installed bootloader and snow_bootloader but still the same black screen

good4man
09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi.

After trying 10a432 for several days, at last I succeeded in installing 10a432. ( 80% : sk1nhd33t`s Guide (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-installing-snow-10a432-on-g31m-es2l-t3672) , 20% : my trial )
[ My PC : ASUS P5K + E6750 + 8600GT + SATA HDD ]

[ Essentials ]

1. A 10a432.dmg

2. BIOS : SATA Mode - Enhanced

3. An installed Leopard ( I am using iDeneb_v1.6_1058_Lite )

When I installed Leopard, I made 3 GUID Partitions as the following:

Start by booting into your Leopard DVD and firing up Disk Utility. Select the disk you will use, and click on the "Partition" tab. Change the "Volume Scheme" drop down menu to "3 Partitions", and then click "Options...". Select GUID, and click ok.
( My 1st partition is iDeneb1058. My 2nd partition is 10a432. My 3rd partition is 10a432dvd. )

4. 2 blank GUID Partitions ( 10a432 Partition & 10a432dvd Partition )

5. DSDT Patcher GUI 1.0 (http://x86osx.com/bbs/data/pds/DSDTPatcherGUI_1.0.zip)

6. 10a432p5k.zip (http://x86osx.com/bbs/data/osxtips/10a432p5k.zip) ( unHideIT.v1.1.dmg + KextUtility.v2.3.2.dmg + AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext + sk1nhd33t folder + AppleAzaliaAudio.kext )

( In sk1nhd33t folder )
cameleon-RC1-r431
pc-efi-10.1
Extra folder
apple.com.Boot.plist
smbios.plist
Extensions.mkext
Extensions folder

( In Extensions folder )
dsmos.kext
NullCPUPowermanagement.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
Openhaltrestart.kext
LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
Theme folder

[ Installation ]

1. Install cameleon-RC1-r431 on Leopard, and replace the installed boot file in the root of Leopard with the boot file in pc-efi-10.1.
( Show all hidden files by using unHideIT.v1.1. )
( From now on Leopard manages the boot infomations, so you don`t have to install chameleon-RC1-r431 & pc-efi-10.1(boot file) on 10a432 & 10a432dvd. )

2. Restore 10a432.dmg to 10a432dvd by using Disk Utililty in Leopard ( Destination: 10a432dvd, Image: 10a432.dmg ).
( If you look at an Icon of MAC OS X Install DVD and a Window of MAC OS X Install DVD, just close the Window of MAC OS X Install DVD, otherwise you may get an "Install Failed" message )
( In this step, don`t put other things into 10a432dvd, otherwise you may see the KP[Kernel Panic]. )

3. In the Desktop of Leopard, make the contents of Extra folder as the followings, and then copy the Extra folder to the root of 10a432dvd.

- Extra folder in the Desktop of Leopard

ㅇ apple.com.Boot.plist ( If you want, paste your gfx string in this plist. )
ㅇ smbios.plist ( Remove this plist. My 10a432 is likely to automatically get my system infos of the System Profiler without it. )
( Don`t put UUID into apple.com.Boot.plist and PlatformUUID.kext. )
ㅇ Extensions.mkext
ㅇ Extensions folder
ㅇ dsdt.aml ( Install DSDT Patcher GUI 1.0 on Leopard, and then put the installed dsdt.aml in the root of Leopard into the Extra folder of the Desktop. )
( If you have your compiled/edited DSDT.aml, drop it into the Extra folder of the Desktop. )
ㅇ Theme folder ( Remove. )

- Extra/Extensions folder in the Desktop of Leopard

ㅇ dsmos.kext ( If you use fakesmc.kext in this step, you may see the KP. But, after seeing the Desktop of 10a432, you can use fakesmc.kext. )
ㅇ NullCPUPowermanagement.kext
ㅇ PlatformUUID.kext
ㅇ Openhaltrestart.kext
ㅇ LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
ㅇ LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
ㅇ AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext ( iATKOS 10.5.7 )
( After seeing the Desktop of 10a432, Use SleepEnabler.kext. )
( Don`t use your kexts for /System/Library/Extensions in this step, otherwise you may see the KP. )

4. After booting to 10a432dvd partition [-v -x32 or -v -f -x32 ], erase 10a432 partition by using Disk Utility and then install 10a432 on 10a432 partition.
( I didn`t install printer, rosseta, x11, quicktime7 )
( [b]This step is very important. If you skip this step, you must almost see the KP. )
( Thanks to this step, we don`t have to put UUID into apple.com.Boot.plist and PlatformUUID.kext. )
( Installation Time goes and comes from 20-minute to 17-minute. If you see 15-minute, you will mostly succeed. When you see 8-minute, the installstion screen will be black.
Just click it by using your mouse, and it will come back. ^^ )

5. First of all, go to Leopard, and then copy the Extra folder in the Desktop of Leopard to the root of 10a432 partition by using Terminal.

( In this step, you can use your kexts for /System/Library/Extensions, by the way if you use them, you will see the KP within a minute.
But, don`t worry. After rebooting, you can solve this problem by using Disk Utility & Kext Utility. )
( I didn`t use the permission commands [chown & chmod]. )
( You can put AppleAzaliaAudio.kext into /System/Library/Extensions. )

Last login: Wed Aug 26 03:21:49 on console
chivalry-whites-mac-pro:~ whitechivalry$ sudo -s
Password:
bash-3.2# cp -R /Users/whitechivalry/Desktop/Extra /Volumes/10a432
bash-3.2# cp -R /Users/whitechivalry/Desktop/work/10a432me/audio/org/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext /Volumes/10a432/System/Library/Extensions

6. It is time to go to 10a432. [-v -x32 or -v -f -x32]

7. On going to the Desktop, use Disk Utility [ RepairPermissions ] & KextUtility.v2.3.2.dmg.

good4man
09-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Hi, imacosx.

If you dislike my post, I will edit it.

woohoo70
09-09-2009, 08:43 AM
thank you your post imacosx i used your guide to install on dell inspiron 518 only mods are power suply and 9600 gt ,installed card with efi strings and kext for Ethernet it is sweet thanks again:)

joamateo
09-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi,

I am going to try your system now, I have it all ready to go. I will post results here.

My only question mark is that after reading this thread (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-retail-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/).

I wonder whether I should add the other ketxts as well:
TEXT from thread:

Kext I used :

1. AD1988b.Fix.kext Enable sound for AD1988 onboard chip (needs a custom DSDT patch) thanks to XyZ
2. Dsmos.kext the latest, thanks to netkas replaced with newer Fakesmc.kext
3. IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext (repairs the icons of yours hard disks) not necessary with DSDT SATA ESB2 FIX read this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-gm-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/post34233.html)
4. OpenHaltRestart.kext
5. AHCIPortInjector.kext obsolete since DSDT SATA ESB2 FIX read this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-gm-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/post34233.html)
6. SleepEnabler.kext may be necessary if Patching usb is not enough.
Optional kexts :

1. JmicronAta.kext if you want to use, or have additional IDE Devices
2. PlatformUUID.kext ( solve the _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host error)
3. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I put them all together in a folder below in the "Files you need" section

I also modified:
System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist for my ethernet card to work. (how-to here (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/snow-leopard-gm-10a432-on-p5k-e-wifi-t3380/post29505.html))

OR you can use the AppleYukon2Injector.kext (http://www.infinitemac.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=483&d=1251142182) (Thanks to OG-Phantom)

What do you think guys??

imacosx
10-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi.

After trying 10a432 for several days, at last I succeeded in installing 10a432. ( 80% : sk1nhd33t`s Guide (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-installing-snow-10a432-on-g31m-es2l-t3672) , 20% : my trial )
[ My PC : ASUS P5K + E6750 + 8600GT + SATA HDD ]

[ Essentials ]

1. A 10a432.dmg

2. BIOS : SATA Mode - Enhanced

3. An installed Leopard ( I am using iDeneb_v1.6_1058_Lite )

When I installed Leopard, I made 3 GUID Partitions as the following:

Start by booting into your Leopard DVD and firing up Disk Utility. Select the disk you will use, and click on the "Partition" tab. Change the "Volume Scheme" drop down menu to "3 Partitions", and then click "Options...". Select GUID, and click ok.
( My 1st partition is iDeneb1058. My 2nd partition is 10a432. My 3rd partition is 10a432dvd. )

4. 2 blank GUID Partitions ( 10a432 Partition & 10a432dvd Partition )

5. DSDT Patcher GUI 1.0 (http://x86osx.com/bbs/data/pds/DSDTPatcherGUI_1.0.zip)

6. 10a432p5k.zip (http://x86osx.com/bbs/data/osxtips/10a432p5k.zip) ( unHideIT.v1.1.dmg + KextUtility.v2.3.2.dmg + AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext + sk1nhd33t folder + AppleAzaliaAudio.kext )

( In sk1nhd33t folder )
cameleon-RC1-r431
pc-efi-10.1
Extra folder
apple.com.Boot.plist
smbios.plist
Extensions.mkext
Extensions folder

( In Extensions folder )
dsmos.kext
NullCPUPowermanagement.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
Openhaltrestart.kext
LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
Theme folder

[ Installation ]

1. Install cameleon-RC1-r431 on Leopard, and replace the installed boot file in the root of Leopard with the boot file in pc-efi-10.1.
( Show all hidden files by using unHideIT.v1.1. )
( From now on Leopard manages the boot infomations, so you don`t have to install chameleon-RC1-r431 & pc-efi-10.1(boot file) on 10a432 & 10a432dvd. )

2. Restore 10a432.dmg to 10a432dvd by using Disk Utililty in Leopard ( Destination: 10a432dvd, Image: 10a432.dmg ).
( If you look at an Icon of MAC OS X Install DVD and a Window of MAC OS X Install DVD, just close the Window of MAC OS X Install DVD, otherwise you may get an "Install Failed" message )
( In this step, don`t put other things into 10a432dvd, otherwise you may see the KP[Kernel Panic]. )

3. In the Desktop of Leopard, make the contents of Extra folder as the followings, and then copy the Extra folder to the root of 10a432dvd.

- Extra folder in the Desktop of Leopard

ㅇ apple.com.Boot.plist ( If you want, paste your gfx string in this plist. )
ㅇ smbios.plist ( Remove this plist. My 10a432 is likely to automatically get my system infos of the System Profiler without it. )
( Don`t put UUID into apple.com.Boot.plist and PlatformUUID.kext. )
ㅇ Extensions.mkext
ㅇ Extensions folder
ㅇ dsdt.aml ( Install DSDT Patcher GUI 1.0 on Leopard, and then put the installed dsdt.aml in the root of Leopard into the Extra folder of the Desktop. )
( If you have your compiled/edited DSDT.aml, drop it into the Extra folder of the Desktop. )
ㅇ Theme folder ( Remove. )

- Extra/Extensions folder in the Desktop of Leopard

ㅇ dsmos.kext ( If you use fakesmc.kext in this step, you may see the KP. But, after seeing the Desktop of 10a432, you can use fakesmc.kext. )
ㅇ NullCPUPowermanagement.kext
ㅇ PlatformUUID.kext
ㅇ Openhaltrestart.kext
ㅇ LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
ㅇ LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
ㅇ AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext ( iATKOS 10.5.7 )
( After seeing the Desktop of 10a432, Use SleepEnabler.kext. )
( Don`t use your kexts for /System/Library/Extensions in this step, otherwise you may see the KP. )

4. After booting to 10a432dvd partition [-v -x32 or -v -f -x32 ], erase 10a432 partition by using Disk Utility and then install 10a432 on 10a432 partition.
( I didn`t install printer, rosseta, x11, quicktime7 )
( [B]This step is very important. If you skip this step, you must almost see the KP. )
( Thanks to this step, we don`t have to put UUID into apple.com.Boot.plist and PlatformUUID.kext. )
( Installation Time goes and comes from 20-minute to 17-minute. If you see 15-minute, you will mostly succeed. When you see 8-minute, the installstion screen will be black.
Just click it by using your mouse, and it will come back. ^^ )

5. First of all, go to Leopard, and then copy the Extra folder in the Desktop of Leopard to the root of 10a432 partition by using Terminal.

( In this step, you can use your kexts for /System/Library/Extensions, by the way if you use them, you will see the KP within a minute.
But, don`t worry. After rebooting, you can solve this problem by using Disk Utility & Kext Utility. )
( I didn`t use the permission commands [chown & chmod]. )
( You can put AppleAzaliaAudio.kext into /System/Library/Extensions. )

Last login: Wed Aug 26 03:21:49 on console
chivalry-whites-mac-pro:~ whitechivalry$ sudo -s
Password:
bash-3.2# cp -R /Users/whitechivalry/Desktop/Extra /Volumes/10a432
bash-3.2# cp -R /Users/whitechivalry/Desktop/work/10a432me/audio/org/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext /Volumes/10a432/System/Library/Extensions

6. It is time to go to 10a432. [-v -x32 or -v -f -x32]

7. On going to the Desktop, use Disk Utility [ RepairPermissions ] & KextUtility.v2.3.2.dmg.

Well, I was a bit away of osx86 and so I didn't check this topic. Thanks for your guide :P I always wanted to install Snow Leopard Retail using Chameleon and Extra folder so I can update my system safely :) Gonna try it tommorrow, I'll post feedback.

thekaligula
11-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I am going to try your system now, I have it all ready to go. I will post results here.

My only question mark is that after reading this thread (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-retail-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/).

I wonder whether I should add the other ketxts as well:
TEXT from thread:

Kext I used :

1. AD1988b.Fix.kext Enable sound for AD1988 onboard chip (needs a custom DSDT patch) thanks to XyZ
2. Dsmos.kext the latest, thanks to netkas replaced with newer Fakesmc.kext
3. IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext (repairs the icons of yours hard disks) not necessary with DSDT SATA ESB2 FIX read this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-gm-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/post34233.html)
4. OpenHaltRestart.kext
5. AHCIPortInjector.kext obsolete since DSDT SATA ESB2 FIX read this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-gm-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/post34233.html)
6. SleepEnabler.kext may be necessary if Patching usb is not enough.
Optional kexts :

1. JmicronAta.kext if you want to use, or have additional IDE Devices
2. PlatformUUID.kext ( solve the _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host error)
3. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I put them all together in a folder below in the "Files you need" section

I also modified:
System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist for my ethernet card to work. (how-to here (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/snow-leopard-gm-10a432-on-p5k-e-wifi-t3380/post29505.html))

OR you can use the AppleYukon2Injector.kext (http://www.infinitemac.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=483&d=1251142182) (Thanks to OG-Phantom)

What do you think guys??

I don't understand all of your comments about installing on a "P5K".
Can you say if it works ¿?¿? and how step by step.
Or just renew the post and delete what's not used.

Thx !

thekaligula
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I try this 3 methods and no one goes ok for my "P5K" only.
Can you help me please ¿? I'have a DVD Original Snow Leopard, 1 HDD with 3 partitions GUID ( 1º-for Snow 80Gb, 2º with Leo ideneb installed 20Gb and 3º free with 10Gb )

The original DVD Snow Leopard does not Boot. I try with some BOOT CD for p5k and no one goes ok.

Some idea why ?¿?
Thx

Anakim
11-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Please, what are your bios parameters ? I follow the first tuto, but I have a "still waiting for root device" error.

I set them to :
- J-Micron Enabled, Controller Mode IDE
- Suspend Mode S3, ACPI Version Disabled et APIC Support Enabled.

Config : P5K, E2200, 4Go DDR2, 1xSATA HD, 1x SATA DVD-RW, Sapphire HD4850 Vapor-X, Samsung 24",

Thanks in advance.

oniijin
11-24-2009, 05:55 PM
in sata option u have to set it to ahci

crobo
11-26-2009, 12:34 PM
heu whats up, i dont know if you ever tried to dualboot, but i have windows 7 now, and would like to keep that one, but i would also love to have snow leopard on my pc, i also have the p5k motherboard.
do you have any experience with dualboot?
if you have, is it better to have 2 seperate harddisks, or 1 big one with partitions.
or is it the same?

thnx mate

Sweaty
11-26-2009, 01:55 PM
crobo you're already here ha

Personally I find it easier to have two hard drives, you can GPT partition the mac one and MBR partition windows one and chameleon bootloader will boot windows off another partition with no configuration, you can unplug harddrives to keep whats on them safe when installing the other OS too this way.

crobo
11-26-2009, 05:27 PM
let me tell you this, what my lil plan is.... (if you or somebody else could help me out)

im going to buy a new (second) harddisk so i could easily dualboot.

when i get that harddisk deliverd, i hope somebody can help me, to set up those 2 harddisk, so i could run dualboot, and i also hope somebody could help me to install leopard osx, and windows 7.

thnx, i hope you people understand, because my english isnt good... too bad

Sweaty
11-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Any SATA hard-drive is OK, 500gb is nice size

Like I say I would just disconnect your windows drive and follow a guide for your motherboard, you do the partitioning of your OSX HD during the install process (with disk utility) - a good tip is to have a backup partition for when you mess up your install.

crobo
11-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah i have a externel harddisk, where all my back up data is.
If i have to format botch internal harddisks its no problem for me.

RocketSledder77
01-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Thank you for the wonderful guide, the installation went very well. My installation works fine without having to install the addition files in step ten, should I still do it and what is in those files anyway?

I have an HP HDX16t 1200 with Intel Core2Duo T6600 CPU, Geforce 130M 1GB and that is all I can tell you while I am at work. :)

Thank You in advance

huzi_a
02-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi. I know this is an old thread but in still running into problems. :P
I can't even boot from the DVD. I have downloaded it twice to make sure its OK.
I have an Intel core 2 quad q9300 running and I have tried the CPU=1 command with no luck. Help?

Huzi

huzi_a
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Also I have a 400gb sata drive and 2gb ddr2 800mhz ram.

Huzi