PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard Kernel Panics after a week

zod1988
09-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I've been running Snow Leopard successfully for over a week on a C2D E6600 with 6GB of RAM on a P35-DS3P when all of a sudden it started to kernel panic during usage. I've once again tried everything I could think off but I can't get it to stop. It now even happens in safe boot and does not seem to be tied to high CPU or RAM usage although if I simply leave it doing nothing it's okay.

The kernel panics I had before were always because of IDE-devices, which I have now completely eliminated and I'm only using SATA in AHCI-mode.

I installed it following Snow's guide and I have no permissions or packages issues, all my modded Kexts are on the EFI-Partition.

I've linked to a photo of the panic, but I can't really read anything out of that (the corresponding process that seems to cause the panic is a different one every single time)
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7070/fotosw.jpg

x986123
09-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Based on what I see, It looks like the com.appleFSCCompressionType2 may have been modified somehow? Incompatible app or driver?

Gurruwiwi
09-05-2009, 05:36 PM
zod says its different every time.

Open terminal and type anything in. Press enter once or twice (or some command, no need for anything special)

Do you get "dyld" messages... something like

"dyld: shared cached file was build against a different libSystem.dylib, ignoring cache" (verbose boot might also show this)

if so, open terminal and type;

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

xXrkidXx
09-05-2009, 05:48 PM
repair_packages? wth uses that?

The Edge3000
09-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Try booting into single user mode with -s and entering fsck -fy? I had a similar problem on one of the betas, and this worked.

zod1988
09-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys.

For some reason it seems to have fixed itself, I'm now up and running for about 10 Minutes with moderate usage and everything worked.

I did indeed get those dyld messages, although normally it would appear in a kernel panic :-/
Anyway, I've used the command in Terminal just to make sure...

I think it must have something to do with bad caches or something like that as it very reliably occurred after about a week of usage twice now.

I'm gonna report back whether or not it happens again.

UPDATE:

System has been running stable for about 12 hours now.