PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] Still waiting for root device

Snow
09-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi guys,

Messed up my Leopard install (on other HD, first partition) trying to remove some unneeded kexts to the point where I got KP's.
Now, the best I could get was halt at "Still waiting for root device" after UUID & USB msgS.
I've replaced Leopard with another Snow Leopard install but still get the same halt so I'm confused now.
This install boots fine and I'm using the exact same dsdt.aml and extra folder (with corrected UUID's) on the new install.
Could this be related to the new install on the other drive not being the first boot HD?
I've changed this to SL since this is going to be my main OS but had no issues booting into Leopard until now.

I'll try to change the boot device now and see if that helps but if you guys have any ideas, I'm all ears ;)

Update: nope, no good. Disconnecting all other drives doesn't help either. Booting with rd=disk... continues until error post "Cannot mount root" so maybe it's permissions related (or boot active)

Update and fix: booting with rd=disk0s2 -x -x32 got me into SL, ran kextutility and added rd=disk0s2 to com.apple.boot.plist but I have a feeling things aren't at order yet because wake from sleep just rebooted my PC although I use the same extras kexts as my other install