PDA

View Full Version : Netkas' Intel ATA and SATA 5/6

rjohnst2
09-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Hey all, I'm running along fine on my Dell Inspiron 530, I am using Netkas' modified AppleIntelPIIXATA so I can boot. This unfortunately does not allow me to see my SATA 5 & 6 ports, which contain another hard drive and DVD drive. Has anyone found a way to get around this (in 64 bit mode), or has there been another modified Intel ATA kext that would help me? I've searched, but so far not found anything.

530geek
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I have got the same problem on my 530... Would like to get my other "internal" hard drive back!

djkleen408
09-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Hello to both rjohnst2 & 530geek! I noticed InfiniteMac has very good information as well as good knowledgeable people here, so I decided to register & here goes my first post here on InfiniteMac...

Sorry to stray slightly off topic, but I too have an Inspiron 530, currently on 10.5.8 Leopard using iAtkos v7, I've been doing a lot of searching & reading up on in forums and definitely a lot of googling around trying to find info on anyone else who's gotten Snow Leopard to work with their 530 system. I'm mainly looking for:

1) Any working tutorial write-up that you've come across for the Inspiron 530 (or compatible system), which you've used and using now for Snow.

2) Any info on kexts/EFI strings that you've used or found imperative to running Snow.

3) And any info/details on the method you used that worked.

Any info you could think of or remember of importance would be greatly appreciated! Thanking you both in advance! Cheers!

BTW... here's my specs just in case:
Dell Inspiron 530, Q8200 2.33GHz, 4GB DDR2, GeForce 9600GT 512MB Vid, SATA harddrives, Ralink Wifi N USB card 9currently using), Internal Atheros PCI Wifi G card (used for airport). and 2 other USBs i could use both by Zydas, can give specifics if necessary.

rjohnst2
09-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Use SaCleo's method.... you will need to copy your DSDT.aml over, and use EFIstudio to generate an EFI string modified apple.com.boot.plist file to give you graphics. I use DSDT for my ALC888 sound as well (with LegacyHDA kext) as well as modifying my HPET so I can boot AppleIntelCPUPower Kext, without any Disabler. Other than that, you will need Netkas' modified AppleIntelPIIXATA to boot, and make sure to use Kext Utility to repair all permissions and rebuild extensions.mkext after any and all changes.... I think that's in the aforementioned guide though.

djkleen408
09-21-2009, 06:54 PM
rjohnst2,

Thank you so much for the quick & very detailed (nice!) reply! I will definitely give this a try as soon as I get home today and update you with the results. Cheers!