PDA

View Full Version : 10.5.2 on HP tx1000

kidicarus
02-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Is anyone running this on a tx1000 machine?

bob
02-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Yes, Just got it running today. Works like a charm (mostly) OOTB. Still hacking the wireless.

kidicarus
02-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Mostly everything works for me out of the box as well...just that damn wireless...
I have a Broadcom 4328 installed in mine (tx1220ca) and for the life of me I can't get it going.

damniatx
02-22-2008, 01:17 PM
hey, can you send me rapidshare link to my email (Damniatx{at}gmail.com).

i already tested 10.5.1, but many hardware not working, like graphic, audio, wireless and lan....

can you help me ....?, thanks...

bob
02-23-2008, 01:27 AM
@damniatx: not sure what link you are talking about. Could you be more specific?

@Everybody:

Still having wireless issues on this chipset, and I am out of ideas. I have tried moving the en0->en1, I have made sure that my pci device id is in the Info.plist, (<string>pci14e4,4328</string>). I am thinking that perhaps we should try downgrading to an older kext and see if something was broken in the newest AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext, but i don't know where we might find those old copies. The wireless is showing up as a "Third-Party Wireless Card" instead of an "Apple AirPort Extreme". Any ideas?

(As a side note, the integrated Bluetooth is working, but the audio isn't. Haven't tried LAN, since I don't use it much and there are lots of bug reports on forcedeth.)

damniatx
02-23-2008, 06:04 AM
@bob
i mean 10.5.2, rapidshare link....?, because i cannot download torrent from my school.....
thanks...

edit: I searched the forums and found them, thank you!

kidicarus
02-25-2008, 10:39 PM
bob- I am having the same issues with wifi as you are. I have tried 10.5.1 and many other "downgraded" kexts as well as the en1 en0 fix (and just about every Broadcom walkthrough I could find). I found a topic on Insanely Mac once that said some HP models lock their wifi in their BIOS, hmm...I can confirm Ubuntu works fine for me on this systems though, why would OSX not be able to access the wifi if that was the case? Hm.

For me the wifi seems to be recognized when I boot, it finds the hardware address and in OSX it is recognized (although I get "Third party wireless card" as well) and my bluetooth does also work fine. I have the "baseball diamond" logo in the top right hand corner, but it seems no signal (whenever I try to join a network it can not find any routers). I have tried many different combinations of shutting down windows (hibernate, shut down) with no luck (I read this in a post somewhere). I did fix the audio using a topic from Insanely Mac (I'll have to look for it and post it here)...but the wifi is my biggest woe right now as well.

Damn doesn't anybody know how to fix this?

kidicarus
02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
By the way bob...I also have a dev id "pci14e4,4328", I think it must be a problem with 4328...the dev id is already added out of the box on Zephyroth's 10.5.2 but still no luck.

kidicarus
03-05-2008, 10:05 PM
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87592&st=40
Check this out...apparently this is our problem...seems to make sence, I always thought it was an ACPI issue and this would confirm this. I tried it but it froze during boot up, no kernel panic...it just froze. Try it and let me know how it works (if at all) but remember to back up your original kexts.

adewolf
03-31-2008, 08:45 AM
OK gotta resurrect this. I just got a tx1410us and I got 10.5.2 installed. Now wifi (Broadcom 4328) and sound (not sure of the chipset, nvidia??) do not work. Also the video chip (Nvidia 6150 GO) does not work with NVinject. Using the VGA drivers 1024x768 is all I can get. I am using a Novatel 3G USB modem with good success. I want to use this machine for videos (MP4) and music (mp3/OGG VORBIS/FLAC).

Alex

mmunguia26
04-07-2008, 11:11 AM
yes i did but w/out audio and wireless but i use my pc xpress card