PDA

View Full Version : Foxconn C51 Mobo - Mega Problems

scottsaunders
02-27-2008, 11:53 PM
I have managed to install OS X 10.5.2 on my AMD PC and everything went well apart from some pretty major problems that so far, no "so called" experts have been able to help me with.

Perhaps this forum can help.

Basically I have the following motherboard (Foxconn C51 Nforce 590 Based)

The onboard LAN's dont work, the strange thing is that when I installed the forcedeth driver the lights on the router showing that there is an active ethernet connection go out and OS X tells me that it has detected 2 x network ports.....(a bit backwards)

I dont know if I need to configure my ethernet manually of what but the point is that the OSX86 is telling me that the ethernets are not connected when they are. (I have tried both ports to be safe)

there is also the problem with the sound, the onboard sound uses the realtek 97HD driver under windows but the OS version (Apple97audio) does not work.

finally, none of the USB's work on the PC, that is both the 7 onboard connections (because I have had to turn them off under the bios I take it?) or the 4 that are on my PCI expansion.

thats it - phew, other than that everything is going well.
what do you think?

Thanks

Scott

roisoft
02-28-2008, 02:26 AM
what realtek codec do you have? alc862d? you can try taruga´s patcher go here (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859)

I think there´s no support for your ethernet adapter at the moment (marvell 88E1121 right?)

cgsheen
02-28-2008, 03:06 AM
scottsaunders:... no "so called" experts have been able to help me with. I don't think any exist (either "expert" OR "so-called") when it comes to the nforce 5xx chipset. I'm astounded you've got even a partially working install...