PDA

View Full Version : Acer Aspire 5733 - Need advice

dyndre
11-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello folks,

A friend referred me to this website because he managed to install Lion on his HP laptop and I was interested in getting Mac OSx Lion on my Acer Aspire 5733. So far after reading the all the guides, I have come across one thing, hardware compatibility and the need to have a Mac or hackintosh already available.

I do not have a mac and I want to know whether it is possible to install Lion fresh on my laptop. The following are my Specs:

Intel CORE i3-370M CPU
Intel HD graphics
4GB DDR3 RAM
320GB HDD
DVD Super Multi DL drive
Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n Wireless

Since it is a laptop I want to know whether the wireless will work if I have a successful install. Also I am not looking for a pirate copy of the mac OS x, as I will soon buy it retail after I am sure that I can install it.

I would be grateful if someone from this forum could write up a detailed guide for me or point me in the right direction. Please note that I have read the osx86 wiki and also the HP guide on this forum and so far I am not sure whether my laptop is compatible.

Thanks in advance.

palz
04-05-2012, 04:33 AM
You have two options, the way I see it: a distro (preferably iATKOS L2 or better) or a retail CD and Boot-132 or the like (less likely for things like wireless to work OTB, which means more time and energy.) I'd personally try iATKOS first, make sure to use "-v cpus=1 platform=ACPI" and the like to get the CD to boot. Look for a torrent, it usually has a lot of seeders (not sure if I'm allowed to link to it.) Do some research to see if your hardware is compatible (namely the Core i3; also I know for a fact that your Wi-Fi doesn't have a driver OTB, so you'll need to find one. They're called "kexts", by the way, for "kernel extension.)

Last of all, do some research on how OS X works, and about DSDT (which I don't know enough about to help you too much, but you apparently need to patch it for whatever reason.)

Unrealized
04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
You have two options, the way I see it: a distro (preferably iATKOS L2 or better) or a retail CD and Boot-132 or the like (less likely for things like wireless to work OTB, which means more time and energy.) I'd personally try iATKOS first, make sure to use "-v cpus=1 platform=ACPI" and the like to get the CD to boot. Look for a torrent, it usually has a lot of seeders (not sure if I'm allowed to link to it.) Do some research to see if your hardware is compatible (namely the Core i3; also I know for a fact that your Wi-Fi doesn't have a driver OTB, so you'll need to find one. They're called "kexts", by the way, for "kernel extension.)

Last of all, do some research on how OS X works, and about DSDT (which I don't know enough about to help you too much, but you apparently need to patch it for whatever reason.)

I wouldn't recommend using Distros. AT ALL. First of all they are absolutely illegal to use.

Second, they cause more problems than fix, I have had multiple machines which KP'd when they were running distros, because they have some strange (and messy) kexts.