PDA

View Full Version : EVGA SR-2 with 2 X5650 CPUs running Lion 10.7...

PunkNugget
01-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Hello Everyone:

I have request for anyone that is reading this, I am having some challenges installing Lion 10.7 on my SR-2 system. I've had two other people try to help me install it (as they have their own successes), or for whatever reason (communication wise) I (or they) could be leaving something out that may be needed to get Lion 10.7.x up and running. Can anyone help? I, (just like anyone else who has this similar SR-2 Mobo setup) have an amazing machine that is just waiting to have Lion 10.7.x up and running on it. I hope anyone out there can be of some help. Thank you in advance for whatever anyone can do... PNugg... :-)

System Setup (Hardware):

1 - Silverstone TJ11 Case Tower
1 - EVGA Classified SR-2 270-WS-W555-A2 Motherboard
2 - Intel X5650 CPUs
1 - EVGA 480 GTX Superclocked GPU
48GB - Kingston HyperX 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K6/24GX
1 - Syba Gigabit Ethernet PCI-Express Card (SD-PEX24009)
Water Cooled completely throughout (CPU's, Mobo & GPU) by Koolance.
1 - 120GB 6GB SSD (by Other World Computing)
3 - 2TB WB2001FASS HDs (by Western Digital)

So far I installed everything using Unibeast 1.0 and that got the SSD loaded up with Lion 10.7.2 is currently working, but only with the USB Boot stick in safe mode. But when I reboot and have the SSD start on it's own it gives me this error message:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot1: error_

Don't know where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions that I may need to make in Terminal to get things working (or any other suggestions), please let me know. Thank you...

PS - I tried this command (below) and it still gave me the same error message after I rebooted the SSD on it's own:

sudo -s
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
f 1
w
y
q