PDA

View Full Version : Crackly sound (not voodoo or hda)

antisomnic
06-27-2012, 11:46 AM
I have installed Lion twice now. I actually had to buy a sound card especially for Lion because I could not get any drivers to work at all for my onboard sound. The first time I installed Lion I found a kext that would work for my sound card. It worked flawlessly. I deleted the installation because my apps weren't running correctly. I later found out I didn't do the xpchelper fix, just deleted ReportCrash. I did that right this time. The second installation I installed the same next and my audio is crackly. I don't know what's different this time.... I've searched and all I can find is people asking this question about VoodooHDA, which I am not using. What could be causing this?

Sound Card: Diamond Xtremesound 5.1
Kext: CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

p.s. i tried the midi application and it's on 16-bit which I can't change and 44100 which is the lowest. Both options I get I get crackles.

antisomnic
06-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I think it's a non-driver related problem. I found a USB sound interface and plugged it in and the output sound sounded the same.

edit -- Figured it out. I didn't have my BusRatio specified in my boot plist. Audio is perfect now and also the system seems to be running smoother.

akimoa
07-06-2012, 05:12 PM
without you posting your pc specs not many people can try to help