PDA

View Full Version : AMD SATA Controller

ryanstein
07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Hey everybody. I'm having an issue with getting my laptop to run OSX. I have an HP Pavilion G6-1d60us, which has an "AMD SATA Controller." For some reason, no kext that I have tried will allow the hard drive to be seen. I continually get Still Waiting for Root Device when trying to boot the installer from the DVD, and I can only boot OSX if I boot from a USB hard drive. I tried adding things like the IOATAFamily kext, AppleATIATA kext, etc., but none of them allowed me to see the hard drive.

Does anyone know of which kext will fix this issue? Thanks!

wastez
07-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Hello,

Did you enable AHCI on your SATA device?
The kexts you choosed are for a ata drive, so they will not work on sata with ahci.
If AHCI is enabled on your device you donīt have to take a other kext, it will work OTB.

Are you using a modified dsdt?
Cause i thing a edited dsdt could fix this problem.

Greetz

ryanstein
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately, the BIOS in this laptop is quite limited, and won't let me change it to AHCI. (Or even see if it is, for that matter.) I was under the impression, though, that all HP laptops were AHCI by default for a few years now.

Is there a specific patch for the DSDT that would fix it? As of right now, I am not using a DSDT file.

paced98
07-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Yeah, my old HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop with AMD Turion 64 x2 has no options to enable AHCI mode. I wished I knew how to use Phoenix Bios Editor Pro. If anyone can find a way I would love to use my old laptop again.

paced98
07-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Will anyone help us, it is like everyone will try to avoid us or something.