R:A:W:X86
07-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Just purchased Mountain Lion from the AppStore... :cool:

sulphide
07-26-2012, 11:04 AM
waiting for your kernel... :D

R:A:W:X86
07-26-2012, 03:55 PM
We will see what can be done, once the source code is released...

Comparing the Kernel with the Lion one in ida looks like Apple has made quite a lot of changes to the gear unit.

Most likely AMD ain't impossible - but it may require some serious rewrite of a patch.
People have been booting the x86_64 Kernel in Snow Leopard, but I haven't ever seen it up and running. Furthermore the current Lion patch contains a lot of obsolete code changes that last from Voodoo XNU and even earlier - it would deserve some update anyway...
But I don't think I'd be able to do such a job.

I am running Mountain Lion on MBP and Xeon Workstation - very satisfied so far... :)

Jonnes
07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
When did you make kernel for 10.8? I'm very exciting. But Apple haven't opened latest xnu source.
And the price became cheaper....

Unrealized
07-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Bought Mountain Lion too, haven't had time to install it yet though :/

Jonnes
07-28-2012, 03:03 PM
We will see what can be done, once the source code is released...

Comparing the Kernel with the Lion one in ida looks like Apple has made quite a lot of changes to the gear unit.

Most likely AMD ain't impossible - but it may require some serious rewrite of a patch.
People have been booting the x86_64 Kernel in Snow Leopard, but I haven't ever seen it up and running. Furthermore the current Lion patch contains a lot of obsolete code changes that last from Voodoo XNU and even earlier - it would deserve some update anyway...
But I don't think I'd be able to do such a job.

I am running Mountain Lion on MBP and Xeon Workstation - very satisfied so far... :)
Nawcom released a Snow Leopard kernel. It can launch with 64 bit. I don't think AMD is impossible, but it will only support some AMD cpus.
It's difficult,not impossible.

Unrealized
07-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Heh, setting up a Snow Leopard VM so I can set up the USB stick needed for Mountain Lion setup. We'll see how it goes. :)

fxspec06
07-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I've got a question:

Is there any way to get the updated video card drivers from 10.8 (i.e. 77xx series) working in 10.7?

May be a misunderstanding of the drivers.

Deltac0
08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
http://opensource.apple.com/tarballs/xnu/xnu-2050.7.9.tar.gz

;)

diedo
10-30-2012, 03:15 PM
downloading the source .. as i'm having no experience in developing i'm going to play with the code and see if something really happened .. and ah if there is a lot of different of this one and the snow leopard please guys tell me what it is as i'm good with ----ing up the code ...if it's not much that change i'll do oas of some of our mates here code ... ! BTW i can't run my AMD P2 X2 550 BE on Lion Yet i get CPUPowerManagement KP