PDA

View Full Version : Disk Utility Question

Kimbrojw2
01-24-2008, 08:48 AM
## Automatic notice to thread opener:
If you post this kind of message into the News Category again, your Account will be disabled

Currently the fast few days i have been messing around with this OSX stuff. I cant seem to find away to get the disk utility to recognize my hdd, it will show my dvd drive and my externals if they are plugged in. i was wonderign if i had to configure something on my hdd for it to work. I don't know what kind of drive it is but it is in my laptop it is 160gb with a 37gb partition ready for leopard. How could i find out how to see if my harddrive is compatible. I am using a Hp Pavilion DV6607nr if anyone can help me out that would be great thanks!

cgsheen
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01295877.pdf

There's the link to HP's user manual for your laptop. Page 98 says your hard drive is SATA. Your motherboard has a nvidia nforce chipset. There's a problem with Zephyroth 10.5.1 and nforce SATA controllers... There are a bunch of posts about it - some here - most on insanelymac... Install to an external drive or insert the proper .kexts into a new Install .iso (might not be as easy as it looks...)

Kimbrojw2
01-30-2008, 09:43 AM
i have it installed to my external but i cant seem to be able to load into it hwo would i manage to do that?

damnesiac
02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Get the boot menu up by pressing F2 or equivalent and then select your external drive. If all you get is a flashing underscore then try the wiki bootloader fix.