View Single Post

Old 06-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by R:A:W:X86 View Post

In order to verify:

You are sure that you have NOT been using the -legacy flag, when taking that screenshot?

(org.chameleon.boot.plist etc)

but I could boot into the single-user mode only with the -legacy flag
without it, the boot would remain stuck at the same "USBF..." line

Quote:
.Nothing else has been expected - I have written in my previous post, that it won't work.

The only idea behind this test was to see if it would boot furhter than "BSD root: blaba" - so we would have some clue, where work on this could be started.

It's okay mate, nothing to worry about

If you need more testing, please just let me know

Quote:
Sorry, but I do not realy understand what you are talking about here...

On previous versions of OS X there has not been any essential software that has been using that SIMD extensions, only stuff like QTX etc...

launchd is the most basic process required for OS X to work.
If my assumption is right, then there will be only two ways for the old AMD & Intel Netburst to boot non-legacy, either emulating the unsupported instructions in the Kernel or making a patch for the concerned software...

Please excuse my stupidity

what I mean is 64-bits userland on 32-bits kernel

for example, running the 64-bits version of the Geekbench with the 32-bits kernel of the snow-leo (-legacy -force64)

is there any chance that the -force64 method can also be applied to your kernel ?
so we'll be able to run the 64-bits apps, which are not using the SIMD extensions, with the 32-bits kernel of the lion too ?