View Single Post

Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinster123 View Post
I compiled a 10.7.4 kernel with a mix of patches with R:A:W 's patches and the anv's legacy kernel 0.5.1 for on the fly patching, it boots up for x86_64 and i386 without instant reboot. but gives a kernel panic near where launchd would start up...
Well your KP most likely has to do with the binary opcode parsing, that's why the code changes in mach_loader.c are excluded from my patch.

Like I wrote previously, there is not any more need for CPUID parsing in Lion (there is not any application that needs it) + 32-Bit Apps are working for the 64-Bit capable users just fine by binary patching.
That's why I haven't made any attempt to fix this...

Quote:
interesting that I am the only one who made a kernel that didn't instantly reboot....
Ehm mate - no offense, but I think you are missing something:

Quote:
I tried the kernel on x86_64 on my amd Athlon X2 7550 and it booted to the point where launchd would start up. no further, just like booting without -legacy
it says verbosely "Kernel is LP64" meaning 64-bit i've tried all the possible boot combination but it's a no-go.
SSSE3 emulator, how can it be so hard? (theoretically speaking) because there's only 16 new instructions that SSSE3 introduced.. hmm...
I think it has something to do with the CPU identification routines, why the 64-Bit Kernel boots for you, while it reboots for many others.

The fact that I can boot the x86_64 Pcj XNU on Snow Leopard on my FX machine kinda proves this hypothesis.
Sadly that guy has not ever released any source code (like many other people in the scene). -.-

I will start looking further into this during the next weeks...
...I am currently busy trying some Mountain Lion stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfrista View Post
With FX and useflags: -v busratio=155 npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 I get instant reboot!
It is the same for me - both Kernel don't work at all not x86_64 nor i386 - just instant reboot.

AMD FX 4100
MSI 760GM-P23
Radeon HD6570
OS X Lion Retail 10.7.5
Lion Kernel Project