View Single Post

Old 03-27-2012, 03:31 AM
Jaguar

Question Black Screen on Almost-Successful Boot

Hey guys,

I followed these instructions a slightly different way, just because I couldn't "repair the permissions" of Lion.dmg (Disk Utility and Command Line method). What I did was:
  1. Restore BaseSystem.dmg to USB Drive
  2. Delete "Packages" alias and copy "Packages" from InstallESD.dmg
  3. Copy kexts and install pkgs as directed
Everything seems to boot fine, as it appears to be loading all the kexts. Then the dead end: It'll just stop booting and give me a black screen. What went wrong with the boot process? If it has to do with something I did during the setup process, then I guess I could backtrack and do it again. Thanks for all your help and thanks for this awesome guide!

Additional Details:
Model: ASUS Eee PC 1000HE
Current OS: Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8
I also wasn't able to "repair the permissions" of the USB flash drive. On both the .dmg and the flash drive, the button would be greyed-out...

UPDATE: So I went a little deeper into the thread, and on page 2, sargatanas recommended installing a different version of Chameleon. I installed this on the USB drive, but the boot process was the same: It would load kexts and misc. files, then just black out.
UPDATE 2: The black screen is gone, but now I have the same problem as neophyter back on page 1, where the PC reboots right before setup. I followed sargatanas's instructions on page 2, but had no luck. Since I'm on an Intel Atom CPU, I replaced the stock mach_kernel with nawcom's Intel Atom kernel. This also didn't help me with my reboot problem.

Last edited by Lacedaemon; 03-27-2012 at 06:32 AM.