Thread: Lion with AMD
View Single Post

Old 05-13-2012, 05:26 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonomys209 View Post
So I really have no idea what did it. I'm on my fourth reboot now and everything is still working fine. I know I got rid of HDAEnabler, AppleHDA & the ALC8xx kexts in S/L/E, and I installed the custom IOUSBFamily.kext I've been using in SL that enables sleep on my board, and somehow something did the trick. All working, got AppStore working, sleep and the whole nine. Just waiting for 64bit for FCPX and iCloud

***QUESTION*** How would I go about updating to 10.7.3 from here? Both times I've tried to update, I end up bombing the whole system. It won't even load the boot volume after. I've tried through Software Update and I've tried through Combo Update. I would like to get Messages working now, any suggestions? And has anyone found anything out about iCloud?
I have similar issue, installed 10.7.2 and booted fine, seems to work. Wanted to get imessage, so updated to 10.7.3 using comboupdate, change kernel, then won't boot.
tried with bunch of kernel flags then somehow booted with -x -v ncpi=0x3000 arch=i386, then rebooted with -v npci=0x3000 arch=i386, then boots. now some USB not working because I used Tonyman multibeast for lion after updating to 10.7.3 and used USB rollback. Would you mind telling me which custom IOUSBfamily you used? I would like to try that.

I am try something to see if I can get iCloud to work.....will post later if succeed.

Moved to INTEL
i5-2500K / GA-Z77-DS3H / HD5770
OS X 10.7.4 all working!
Win 7 ultimate running on Parallel