Thread: Lion with AMD
View Single Post

Old 05-13-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunfai View Post
iCloud/iMessage will not work on AMD systems, due to the kernel being self-compiled. The only way to get it working is using the vanilla mach_kernel, and you can't do that unless you're running an Intel system. Appstore will work flawlessly though.

Even if you have en0 </true>, ethernet device-prop, ethernetbuiltin. I think it's an underlying issue with the UUID not being passed to iCloud and iMessage that's not actually giving your device the authentication it needs to connect to the server. But I've not investigated the issue, but I've read countless posts online. Once I switched to Intel build, it worked automatically.

Here's a topic about the issue: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/0...n-in-problems/
What I am trying to do is, edit UUID line of iMac with Lion runnning that I have.

I also notice Apple checks for the autheticity of Lion when setting up for the first time when wireless is connected and if your Apple ID has no record of purchasing Lion, it won't pass. At least that is what happened to me. So Apple is definitely doing something about Lion.dmg on torrents...I think.

Moved to INTEL
i5-2500K / GA-Z77-DS3H / HD5770
OS X 10.7.4 all working!
Win 7 ultimate running on Parallel

Last edited by todesto; 05-13-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: more info.