Thread: Lion with AMD
View Single Post

Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godofwar View Post
I refuse to let this screw up again, I erased and started over again. I just reinstalled Snow Leopard. Now are there any Kexts from my Snow Leopard side that I am going to want to put in my Lion Harddrive and would I use a tool to do that a kext wizard tool or could I do it manually? Also, can I use Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r747 (pkg) on my Lion harddrive as a bootloader? Is that version new enough? Tell me anything else you may think I might be messing up? I'm on Osx86 dot net right now, which Chameleon bootloader do you suggest me to download from there? Thanks

Also, when I installed my Lion side to the partition harddrive last time the mach Kernel on it won't let me replace it with mach kernel v4, what I did last time was delete Mach Kernel on Lions harddrive than I stuck Mach Kernel v4 in it. Is that normal and the correct way to do that?

Thanks

I'm using Mach Kernel v4 for Amd Phenom II x4 965, is that the correct Kernel for my processor?
I feel I'm so close to getting this thing to work with the help of you guys, I think I'm on my way... Thanks!
So first of all You CAN NOT use any SL kexts on lion...it makes sense same as you cant use windows XP drivers on Windows 7... You must use chameleon 2.1 there is a link: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?d...YwLnBrZy56aXA= And manually replacing kernel isnt bad