InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Connactic View Post
Don't you have an onboard graphics in your MoBo, Godofwar? Since it's an AMD, the onboard graphics are usually ATI or AMD too...
My onboard sucks really bad it has vysnc problems in Windows 7, so I wouldn't expect it to be much better on Mac even if I could get it to work on Snow Leopard. I also tried your method of putting Lion as the first partition and Snow Leopard as the 2nd. I installed Lion again and than I put Hazards Snow in so I could delete and make Lion partition into entire Lion Harddrive(That part worked, Lion is the whole hard drive now). Now the part that didn't work is that its still Chameleon boot loader 2009 instead of the latest one... The Latest Chameleon Bootloader only works when I don't have Windows 7 Hard-drive connected.

Also, I found out the solution to why I wasn't able to save applications to my apps folder. It was that graphics card kexts I was installing! It was causing issues with my Hackintosh Lion. So, I'm forced to update to 10.7.3 now. I'm updating to 10.7.3 now. All I have to do is replace kernel and the dock after I install 10.7.3 right? 10.7.3 has official drivers that support Nvidia Gtx 570 if I remember correctly.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Panther

Thanks for all your help guys. But this has hurt my brain long enough. I'm giving up on this Hackintosh garbage. Macs an overrated operating system with less software support than Windows. The only reason I wanted it is because I like the look and feel to a mac. But no operating system is worth this much pain. Bye, thanks for you help.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Jaguar

You're welcome!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:48 AM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Connactic View Post
You're welcome!
Sorry I failed, I tried. I been trying to get Lion to work forever. I had fun with the 6 months I had Snow Leopard working(last yr before my 470 died). I know operating systems are beautiful from the eyes of the beholder but something just feels plain/boring about Windows 7 to me. Also, I think I preferred Snow Leopard over Lion, they did some little changes I didn't like. I tried Mac themes over Windows but that just doesn't work for me. If my 470 gtx hadn't died, I would still have snow leopard on my computer. Too many problems with Lion I have ran into for me to even try to keep this up. Can't even get the bootloader to work with it properly when paired with Windows 7. I couldn't find a graphics driver to work properly that wouldn't mess up me putting files on harddrives or saving application to the apps folder. And I noticed the sound problems, where things would go out of sync. Just too many issues for me to deal with and some of them seem kind of complicating to try to fix. Also, I was running sound from my motherboard when I have a nice sound card creative x-fi that isn't getting used. Also, it always bothered me with Hackintosh how I could never get 5.1 sound but just 2 speakers working.

Last edited by Godofwar; 09-22-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:53 AM
Jaguar

Now I don't know what's going on: I tried to install the 10.7.4 combo update, and the same thing happened! (corrupted filesystem) Ideas, anyone?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:56 AM
Jaguar

The corrupted filesystem message happens when you boot your system, or during the installation of the combo?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Jaguar

It happens during boot. I also forgot to mention that the installer claims it failed: there's an I/O error with some temp file in /var/zz. (I think.) If it would be useful, I can reinstall (again) and post the exact error from the log.

Code:
fsck from util-linux 2.21.2
** /dev/sdj3
** Checking HFS Plus volume.
** Checking Extents Overflow file.
** Checking Catalog file.
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
   Invalid node structure
(4, 14173)
** Volume check failed.

Last edited by instant idiot; 09-22-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:14 AM
Panther

Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to have Windows 7(Harddrive1) and Lion(Harddrive2) boot together? I use a program called EasyBcd. Just wondering if maybe that was my problem or not. EasyBcd is what I used with Snow Leopard when I had a 470 gtx.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Jaguar

I am! But i must confess, my windows 7 installation is on a PATA disk. I have one PATA for Win 7 and three SATA for respectively Lion 10.7, my time machine for both my AMD and my Atom netbook (which backs up to it via network) and a big NTFS 1.5TB for general storage.

I think that your problem is indeed related with Bcd, and the mess happened when you installed Snow Leopard: i think you forgot to disconnect your Windows disk when you first installed Snow Leo, and now the old bootloader survives in your Windows HD, and it doesn't matter how many times you reformat your OSX disk.

My best advice would be, if you have all your data securely backed up, to erase windows, reinstall it (remember to disconnect the OSX disk, if it still there) and then disconnect the Windows disk and install Lion with the latest chameleon.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Jaguar

Instant Idiot, i never saw anything like you're experiencing. Sorry if i'm of little help now.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.