InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 04-18-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
OK, I'll try to take a pic of the problem using my iPad. For now, I got the boot process to go a little farther by adding the flag:

Code:
pmVersion=0
By adding this flag, the "Mac Framework" successfully started, but it still kernel-panicked. I tried both variations of your flags in addition to "pmVersion=0" but none worked.
would be helpful so we can see what we're dealing with
Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 AM
Jaguar

Lightbulb Error Images

OK, I've attached the pictures of my error; I took these with my iPad camera, with the hopes of giving you guys a basic idea of what I'm facing. If you need a clearer image, or need a closer look at a string of text, I can give you a higher-res image. Thanks for helping me solve this thing!

Note: The portrait image was booted with pmVersion=0; The landscape image was booted without pmVersion=0. The difference can easily spotted, with the pmVersion=0 image having considerably more text than the landscape non-pmVersion=0 image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg With pmVersion.JPG (243.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Without pmVersion.JPG (253.1 KB, 16 views)

System Specifications
Enermax Ostrong w/ Red Trim
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Rev 1.0
Mac OS X 10.8.2
6 GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
1 TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
Intel Core i5 3470 3.2 GHz
ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5450 512 MB
Antec TriCool 80mm Blue LED Fan

Got AMD? Join the Cult of AMD group on OSx86.net!

Please hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

Acert0sh - Hackintosh for Acer PCs

Last edited by Lacedaemon; 04-18-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Explained attached images.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:44 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
OK, I've attached the pictures of my error; I took these with my iPad camera, with the hopes of giving you guys a basic idea of what I'm facing. If you need a clearer image, or need a closer look at a string of text, I can give you a higher-res image. Thanks for helping me solve this thing!

Note: The portrait image was booted with pmVersion=0; The landscape image was booted without pmVersion=0. The difference can easily spotted, with the pmVersion=0 image having considerably more text than the landscape non-pmVersion=0 image.

try a different fakesmc.kext
ir check the contents with right click >get info>contents/plugins/
make sure there isint any intel plugins if so remove them and reinstall kext
Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadilloalex View Post
try a different fakesmc.kext
ir check the contents with right click >get info>contents/plugins/
make sure there isint any intel plugins if so remove them and reinstall kext
Hi delgadilloalex,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will begin removing the previously mentioned plugins ASAP. How should I reinstall the kext? I normally use Kext Utility to install/service kexts; Would it be okay to use this application?

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

UPDATE: I viewed the package contents of the kext, there's no such directory as "Plugins". I tried using the "open" command in Terminal, but to no success. Can anyone please direct me to a suitable Fakesmc.kext? Thanks!

System Specifications
Mac OS X 10.8.2
1 TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

Last edited by Lacedaemon; 04-18-2012 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Added link to Kext Utility, updated status of Fakesmc.kext.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
OK, I have not yet rebooted into Lion but I have replaced the mach_kernel with the v5 one. I am using Chameleon v2.0-RC5_699 (please note: this is located on my Snow Leopard partition, not my Lion partiton. I think I'll have to use fdisk to make the Lion partition active if I want to boot from there.) Thanks for those updated boot flags, I'll try those out later once this version thing is sorted out.
I think your Chameleon is far too old. r699 is so old, we are running r1900 already

My Hardware
CPU: Intel Celeron G530
Memory: 4.00 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3
Old 04-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Jaguar

@lunfai can you use my Finder.app that I uploaded in the guide that you posted or you shouldn't?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paced98 View Post
@lunfai can you use my Finder.app that I uploaded in the guide that you posted or you shouldn't?
It works, I used the one from OSX86 on page 9.

Quote:
Hi delgadilloalex,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will begin removing the previously mentioned plugins ASAP. How should I reinstall the kext? I normally use Kext Utility to install/service kexts; Would it be okay to use this application?

Thanks,
Lacedaemon

UPDATE: I viewed the package contents of the kext, there's no such directory as "Plugins". I tried using the "open" command in Terminal, but to no success. Can anyone please direct me to a suitable Fakesmc.kext? Thanks!
Did you update Chameleon?

http://cl.ly/3U421G0q3o402U133h2d

- Unzip these kexts in /System/Library/Extensions
- Reboot with bootflags: (when you press enter, unplug keyboard/mouse, when kexts are loading).
Quote:
-x -v -f -legacy npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No pmVersion=0

Last edited by lunfai; 04-18-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:

Hi !
You need delete sleepenabler.kext
Old 04-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Jaguar

Should I delete the SleepEnabler.kext... in my Snow Leopard installation? I did a complete search of both the /Extra and S/L/E directories on my Lion partition and there's no such "SleepEnabler.kext".

To lunfai; I updated Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard, then tried your original and modified boot flags Also, I replaced the kexts in my Lion installation with yours, lunfai, and unplugeed mouse and keyboard as directed. None worked.

System Specifications
Mac OS X 10.8.2
1 TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

Last edited by Lacedaemon; 04-18-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention replacement of kexts and removal of keyboard/mouse during boot.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Should I delete the SleepEnabler.kext... in my Snow Leopard installation? I did a complete search of both the /Extra and S/L/E directories on my Lion partition and there's no such "SleepEnabler.kext".

To lunfai; I updated Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard, then tried your original and modified boot flags Also, I replaced the kexts in my Lion installation with yours, lunfai, and unplugeed mouse and keyboard as directed. None worked.
still same errors?

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.