View Single Post

Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Jaguar

Much better, Gilles! Understand you perfectly (but prefer to answer in english, since i'm more comfortable with it and you appears to read english quite well too). Strange, i didn't notice your answer until this exact moment.

I agree with you. And i'll add the following: we're not entitled to enjoy any of the awesome work of these developers. We indeed depend on their generosity and good will. And there has to be much good will, because kernel development can be hard and tedious and time-consuming.

The best answer to this sometimes frustrating dependance is us to become ourselves the kernel developers. Even if we don't make it, hopefully we can prepare the terrain so one of the wise guys can fell encouraged to step in and help us finish the work. The more heads focus on it, bigger our chances of succeed in it.

We've been studying a lot of material in that topic i linked: believe it or not, a lot of good ideas are flourishing. Besides this, i had conversations with Nawcom and Meklort and get lots of good advice and tips.

Unrelated to the topic: do you think it's really worth to update to 10.7.5? For me, it seems like it's just gatekeeper, and this attracts me not.