View Single Post

Old 12-23-2008, 09:18 PM

well now you've stumped me. the USB issue is something I'm going out of my realm on so I'll have to do a little more research with you on this.

as far as the kernel question goes... yes, that is basically what is going on. you could do the same in Finder by copying your mach_kernel.voodoo and pasting it to another folder where you can rename it, then drag it back to your root directory (after you've already deleted the original mach_kernel)

Now you have to load the right kernel on startup.

to test this first (without modifying your com.apple.Boot.plist file to direct you to a different kernel) simply use the boot flag "mach_kernel" along with any of the other boot flags you normally use. this will load the kernel specified and you should be able to test parallels and/or fusion with positive results.

For me, I needed to delete the seatbelt kext (although everywhere else I've read tells me that I need to keep it).

don't delete yours, first copy it to the desktop then delete the original in the Extensions folder. reboot and retry. place the backup of seatbelt somewhere you won't forget and if you ever need it just replace it and reset permissions.

Remember, this is only a test with the seatbelt.kext because of my experience with it. (I had the same issue only it was with opening the Voodoo Kernel image)