View Single Post

Old 11-23-2009, 03:18 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgdrwg View Post
I would imagine if you don't have SL dvd and boot132 you should still be able to do what i said above by booting a 'release' 10.5.6 dvd and running the terminal from that.

the commands you want to run are:

mv /Volumes/<your SL install here>/Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext /Volumes/<your SL install here>/Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext.old

and

mv /Volumes/<your SL install here>/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/<your SL install here>/Extra/Extensions.mkext.old

close terminal and reboot (eject dvd) with -f -v

hope this helps, good luck

E2A i realised later I could have effected the repairs described above and in post #23 by booting into my Leopard installation (doh!) still at least I've shown it's possible to do the same thing from booting via dvd....
I've done basically this but I had no idea where my install disc is so I booted into windows and did the same thing using MacDrive.

Since I have done this it has stopped the panic but now during the startup on the white apple screen I get the reboot thing that usually comes up with the panic.

I dont know what else to do so I would really appreciate any guidance you could give.

Thanks.