View Single Post

Old 01-15-2011, 06:01 PM

10.6.6 legacy kernel for INTEL/AMD 32+64bit ready to download

Nawcom has implemented support for newest cpu's.
I updated the latest patch to include a custom dyld.
The dyld has also been rebased for security purposes (patch for rebase included in patched/ld...) and has been pre-patched for sysenter purposes (eliminates need for kernel patching custom dyld).
Make sure you pack /System/Library/CoreServices/pbs with upx in order to make it work with the custom dyld.
NOTE: This dyld is beta because we don't have libunwind from Apple.
Some apps may need to be patched with upx in order to let them work.
You can always boot with std_dyld=Yes to skip the patched dyld and use Apple one instead.

Latest working kernel with custom dyld:
http://rapidshare.com/files/44441607...-AnV-0.4.1.zip

Installer package including patched Finder for legacy systems (do custom install, only do it on 32-bit only CPU's, not 64-bit capable ones...):
http://rapidshare.com/files/44451503...acy_Kernel.zip

EDIT: I added a UPX that allows packing of Firefox and stuff.
NOTE: Don't pack Apple encrypted binaries as they'll crash on launch, they need decryption in order to be packeable.
Too bad I don't have the decryption algo's from Marvin's AMD Utility or I could adapt them to decrypt 32+64bit...
If you have Finder issues (32-bit legacy systems only) do a custom install with the installer package and check installing custom coreservices (unchecked by default).
I reposted the latest working kernel (as the ToH SSE3 emulator really won't work with SL).

EDIT 2: I reworked UPX some more.
It now works like a regular upx unless you pack with the following command:
upx --force <binary>
It can now also pack Skype (and probably others which still couldn't be done).
Don't pack Apple encrypted binaries though... they'll still crash... decrypt them before packing...
I've also added the LZMA code (for --ultra-brute).
The upx_nosizecheck_forced.zip contains an UPXed version of UPX.
If this should give you trouble download upx_nocheck_forced_notupxed.zip (just posted, should work for all...)
Attached Files
File Type: zip upx_nosizecheck_forced.zip (301.1 KB, 146 views)
File Type: zip upx_nocheck_forced_notupxed.zip (473.9 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by andyvand; 03-13-2011 at 06:33 PM.