View Single Post

Old 02-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4vinder View Post
Hi

Im using a p5b deluxe installing using iAtkos s3 v2 then upgraded to 10.6.6 - successfully fully installed (execpt my Broadcom Wifi - which I lost doing the Combo update, but that is something I need not worry about just yet).

My problem is that I cannot use 2 nVidia 7200gs cards together, it always gives me a blank screen just after the initial grey apple boot logo if both cards are installed at the same time. It works, of course, if I remove one of the GFX cards.

Also I would like to ask you; You state all your kexts are 64bit, can you send me links or the kexts you are using please? As after I run "myHack" it always reverts back to arch=i386 otherwise my GFX do not display at 1920x1200.

I have tried to apply various DSDT patches using "DSDT Patcher GUI" to "retail 10.6" and the iAtkos s3 v2 installation - but I simply cannot get it working after many attempts.

Any help is much appreciated. please ask if you need more clarification understanding the issues.
Hi,

I've since purchased a GeForce GT220 to get around my problem and all is well.
I'm using HDMI to my Sony Bravia which I use as a monitor and it looks fine.
The VGA port also works, the DVI not.

I'm simply using the GraphicsEnabler=yes option on boot to enabler my graphics.
I've also upgraded to Chameleon 2 RC4.

As far as kexts are concerned, I haven't anything special nor did I have to do anything to get 64 bit working.
I installed my system from scratch to retail dvd using EFI 1.08 for intel, then simply updated to 10.6.6.
For marvel lan 88E8056 I used appleyukon2.kext modified to contain the device id.
I haven't tried to get the other lan 88E8001 working yet.
Nor have I attempted to get my onboard sound working because I use an external sound card from Roland which works natively.

Tell me which kexts you have that aren't 64 bit and I can upload them.