View Single Post

Old 02-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4vinder View Post
Cheers Danny, that's a lot of help, Yes I am making a DAW and I had a brilliant install that I have been using for the past two years with Leopard 10.5.8 - flawless. I'm just getting ahead of myself and trying my hand at Snow Leopard.

I use a MOTU 828 mkII which has Apple Mac drivers so works like a charm, you get plenty of inputs and outputs to record live and 2 dedicated guitar inputs. Works beautifully and a very reliable piece of kit,

I haven't tried the Auto Patcher yet I was using DSDT Patcher GUI which I downloaded from another website. I couldn't really see the difference that it was doing as nothing much changed except that it was booting and shutting down without errors. but then all the drives would change to orange like they were external HDDs - I thought I was close a few times but with the issue of 2 nVidia GFX cards i kept getting knocked down!

I'm really thinking about going back to 10.5.8 as I had everything working the way it should. Plus the fact that Logic running in 64 bit has a few issues when I was using 32bit plugins (Logic uses a 32bit bridge when in 64 bit mode) so they totally went nutty.

Im going to try Snow once more, and if your methods work I owe you a drink!

Cheers for the help bud, much appreciated

D.
Hey,

Well I don't think you're missing much on snow.
Reliability is key so whatever works for you.

That MOTU 828 mkII looks sweet. I'm stuck using a basic Roland FA-66 at present. It worked reasonably well on mac but get a few pops here and there but on windows I fixed them with a firewire card change. Sounds is adequate for what I need at present.

Anyway, your orange drives can be fixed by using this kext; IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.

Not sure what DSDT patcher patches but I think I tried it with little success.
I forget now, I tried so much to get here. There were a few different versions of EFI 1.08 and it got confusing as the devs website is a little unorganized.
I forgot, once I installed the retail dvd I then used myHack 1.1 to get pc_efi and chameleon installed. I later updated my chameleon to latest version.

Regarding DSDT, yes I know there is nothing to really suggest when the DSDT is actually working, unfortunately it seems that removal of a certain kexts, running kext utility, fixing permissions then seeing if it still boots and works okay - is the only way to verify some of the dsdt patching.... It's a long road and frankly my hack was in the workshop for so long I missed it back at home. As soon as it was working okay I took it back.

With that said, I'll never go back to windows now and I'm a systems admin working with microsoft all day lol. Though Bill 'more money than sense' Gates software has it's uses.

Good Luck anyway, but definitely try Auto Patcher with preset P5B-Deluxe Wifi dsdt.

Danny