View Single Post

Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Puma

780G Chipset (SB700) fully working support

This will work on 780G chipsets with the SB700 Southbridge

This took me along time to get up and running and figure out. First and foremost I would like to thank SenVa for the actuall SB700.kexts He posted the correct files i just had to figure how to intergrate them to an osx86 install cd. I would like to point out that i'm a complete noob but very interested in mac on pc and i've never written a guide on anything before so i hope u can understand me if not pm me and ill be glad to help. K enough of that lets get on with it!!!
Also I would like to point out that all dvd and hard drives show up after install all works fast and install is like 25 minutes!!

What u will need
1. SB700 .kext (provided in post)
2. A copy of transmac or another program to put the files on iso
3. Kalyway 10.5.2 (i've not tried any other flavor yet so try at your own risk!!!)

What to do

1. open transmac and on the top half of transmac open the file SB700 .kext you should see two files extensions.mkext and a folder Extensions
2. on the bottom portion of transmac open your kalyway iso.
3. go to HFS+ volume/system/library/ on kalyway
4. now drag extensions.mkext from the top half to the bottom half and replace the one on kalyway
5. on the top half go into Extensions folder there u will see two files drag them into the extensions folder on the kalyway replace any files that ask to be replaced
6. and there u have it you now have a kalyway install dvd with SB700 support!!!!!

But your not off the hook just yet this MUST be installed in native ide mode so go into bios and make that change also i made a few other changes that seemed to help not sure if u have to though but this is what i did turn virtualization on and also ACPI to S3 and for some reason kalyway didnt like my ps/2 mouse/keyboard so i had to use the usb one but now to the install only other thing you need to do is boot with -f flag you only need to do this once
and there you have it a working SB700 .kext if u have any questions pm me or post it sorry about how this was written this is my first guide if thats what you wanna call it!!
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

I was'nt able to up my files here for a reason i dont know but heres a link

www.esnips.com/web/nicholasblocksStuff