View Single Post

Old 02-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Jaguar

ALC890 on ASRock x58 Extreme

I have this board, an have pretty much everything working except sound (without VodoooHDA) and sleep, but I'll leave this last one out for now.
My biggest problem with sound is that I don't have any AZAL or HDEF entry in my DSDT, so I can't follow any of the guides I could find (they all call for something there, I think even using HDAEnabler you must have some entry).
The ALC890 is a ASRock only card, but I hear it is very similar to the ALC889a and that's even what I got from a Xubuntu 9.10 codec dump (some other people with the same card have gotten ALC885, but I hear this is a common issue). Sound worked perfectly in Xubuntu, so I'm guessing that my card can just be treated as an ALC889a.
I have tried inserting the references to HDEF from other peoples DSDT's, but I get lot's of errors, probably some kind of calls from Device (HDEF) to other things that don't exist or are labeled differently in my DSDT. I'm far from really understanding DSDT, so there is no way I could relocate stuff to fix all the errors I get, without creating many more.
If someone with some more knowledge could shed some light on this, I would be highly grateful.
I'll attach my current DSDT, my original and my codec dump.
Attached Files
File Type: txt codec_dump.txt (11.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: zip DSDT's.zip (39.6 KB, 21 views)