View Single Post

Old 11-21-2008, 09:07 PM
OSx86 Developer

I've tried to download but all I see is this.

Also, I posted the following over at IM but you seem like the person in the know.
Quote:
I'm looking for a better (faster) way of removing CPUID checks from OSX binaries. I'm currently using a shellscript with otool and the Maxxuss patcher to do the job. There is a snip from the script I currently use below. It works okay but as you can see it involves creating a temporary configuration using otool and then writing it onto the hard drive for the Maxxuss patcher to use. Ideally I would like to create a simple command line tool to replace otool and the patcher in this instance. Unfortunately my programming skills aren't quite up to the job so I'm asking for help. Alternatively, sticking with the tools I do have, is there any way of speeding up the shellscript I am using. Perhaps there is some way of piping the config file straight into Maxxuss patcher without having to make the slow write to the hard drive?

I realize this would be better posted in The X Labs forum but unfortunately, for some reason, I am unable to start a new thread in there.

I am also aware of the imminent release of the Voodoo XNU with on-the-fly opcode patching for OSX which should make CPUID patching irrelevant. However I would still like to pursue this. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Your help and advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by ritalin; 11-21-2008 at 09:14 PM.