View Single Post

Old 01-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Jaguar

ASRock x58 Extreme DSDT & optimizing.

Hi, this is my first post in this forum, but I'm not completely clueless, so be a little patient.
First I'll explain my situation: I finally ordered my first build (ASRock x58 Extreme+ i7 920+GeForce 9800 GT 1GB+2x2GB OZC Gold 1600MHz DDR3) and am expecting it to arrive in the next few days (I live in Argentina, so I have someone bringing it in from the USA).
The motherboard specs are as follows:
North bridge: Intel x58, obviously
South bridge: Intel ICH10R
Onboard audio: Realtek ALC890
Onboard network card: Realtek 8111DL
Note: I have a Sound Blaster Gateway OEM Audigy (I believe it only differs from the normal models in that it identifies differently, and therefore is only compatible with Gateways windows drivers, but I'm guessing OS X won't care) that I could get, if it makes audio easier.
So, on to the actual stuff. From what I know, the best (meaning most vanilla) install consists of a GPT drive with chameleon (or PC EFI, which one should I pick?) on the EFI partition, along with a modified DSDT, the com.apple.boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=yes and EthernetBuiltIn=yes. Note on this last item: would it be possible to no use the EthernetBuiltIn=yes and just modify the DSDT? I think I would like to use GraphicsEnabler=yes, since it gives some more flexibility. Oh, and a modified smbios.plist (can this be replaced with some DSDT?)
So... what I have found up to now:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...post&p=1290690 states that using a patched DSDT (which he attached to his post, and I downloaded and modified ever so slightly) and AppleDecrypt, ATAPortInjector.kext, Disabler.kext, dsmos, IONetworkingFamily, LegacyAppleAHCIPort and LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage he has everything working in Leopard, except firewire, ATA drives and ALC890 with HDA. First of all: don't dsmos and AppleDecrypt do the same thing? And I wouldn't need any of these anyways since I prefer to use fakesmc (like the post farther down recommends. In that post there is no dsdt attached, so I suppose he is using the same one. So now it seems I would be needing:
fakesmc (can this be replaced with something in DSDT?)
PlatformUUID (I'm pretty sure even chameleon can do this, buy DSDT is obviously preferable)
OpenHaltRestart (I need it that the system shuts down correctly an reboots correctly)
RealtekR1000 (for the 8111DL, can I DSDT this?)
IONetworkingFamily (to solve depencies with RealtekR1000)
So it would be that, and getting ALC890 working. From the looks of the .dsl, speedstepping HT and the four cores should be working.
I'll attach my DSDT.dsl. I got no errors compiling, but I would seriously appreciate if someone gives a peek at it (since I don't trust myself enough).
If I finally get a good install going, I'm willing to try and create an installer for my fellow -or future- ASRock x58 Extreme users, so they can have a effortless installation .
I'm in no hurry -yet- since as I said earlier, I don't even have the hardware yet, but I'm a very impatient person, and get mad when I have to wait to long for an answer . Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.dsl.zip (19.3 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by adriangb; 01-09-2010 at 09:29 PM.