View Single Post

Old 01-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Cheetah

And this goes...where?

Hey there that's a pretty hefty post you got there...I was wondering, where do I put the "dsdt.dsl" file that you attached? I'm guessing you attached it so that others (like me with an ASRock X58 Extreme) could use it. I got Mac OSX installed onto the hard drive with iAtkos v7 that uses Chameleon and stuff.

My problem is that if I don't do anything, Chameleon boots into Leopard itself and it just shows a shiny silver Apple but hangs there forever...If I set busratio=20 cpus=1, first of all it runs slow, and second...when I boot with that, it hangs on the same shiny silver apple screen but now with the loading circle that is dark gray, stays there forever too. Then if I set 1CPU in BIOS, and take off speed step, and HT and Virtualization...then if I put "busratio=20" it hangs with loading circle. If I boot with same BIOS settings and put boot-flag "busratio=20 cpus=1" then now it shows loading circle for five minutes and then over the shiny apple, after five minutes it will show a white cancel symbol. (/)

Either way I can't get into the OS. Man and I was excited too when I saw the thing boot from the DVD, I thought I was in the club for sure.

Hey but if you have your system working I would REALLY appreciate some help/support. Tell me everything i must do, I don't mind starting over, you will help me and many other people with ASRock X58 Extremes out if you have it working. I want to know where I should put the DSDT file you attached, whether it is compatible with my system, and what I should and should not check in the "customize" during installation to make my system work. What more do I need to make it work...and how would I install those things that I need.

My System:
Diablotek 650W PSU
ASRock X58 Extreme Motherboard
i7 920 D0
6GB of G.skill 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS Video Card
I have SATA Hard drives, and one IDE DVD Drive, and one, SATA DVD Drive

I scavenged the SATA drive from an old PC hoping that was the problem but no. PLEASE HELP! I would love to join the club and have mah i7 920 Mac. :]