View Single Post

Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Jaguar

Update

Well I'll start out by assuming the following:
  • You know how to do a proper install of chameleon
  • Your BIOS settings are correct (ie, you have your DRAM voltage correct, Speedsteping enabled, your HDDs in AHCI, etc. If you need these I can give them to you.
  • You have the latest BIOS (1.8 I think)
  • You are familiar with OS X, terminal, disk utility, etc
  • Your going to run stock clocks ("Auto") all thru this process, OC later.
So now for the good stuff: I was able to boot using empireEFI, but I now have my own boot CD, if you can't use empireEFI (or have no other way to access OS X) I can give you a copy. It's an iso you can burn from anywhere.
So boot in to OS X and download this bootloader: Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.7.zip
In the .zip you will find the same files as for chameleon. Install them to your drive (you know fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0 & dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsX). Now restore the disk image I attached at the bottom to your USB drive (or I guess you can restore it to your OS X partition WITHOUT checking "Erase destination", if you must have it on your HDD, but I recommend using a USB, it allows for much greater flexibility).
You should be good to go! Sound won't be working, I had to use VooodooHDA.kext, google it, it's easy to install. I'm missing that, sleep and being able to identify as a Mac Pro 4,1 (2009).
I don't know about your graphics card, or DVD drives (the SATA one should work, but I can't verify that myself). The graphics injection should work, worst case is you use an EFI string (generate it with EFI Studio or OS X86 Tools).
Evreything works for me (except that for some reason my i7 is really hot, it's gets up to 80ºC on stock settings with an Artic Cooling Freezer 7 pro rev 2 while r-encoding or running prime95!) but that's not OS X (it's the same on Windows 7 x64 and the BIOS)
I recommend just for once you watch your BIOS post and boot in verbose.
Feel free to ask any questions!
Links:
Disk Image
Lizard, manage your boot-loader